Chickpea and Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl

legendleejieun

Culinary Explorer
How about a recipe for a savory and satisfying Chickpea and Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl for lunch??? It is one of my favorite go-to meals!!

This dish is not only delicious but also packed with wholesome ingredients that'll leave you feeling nourished and satisfied.

Ingredients:
  • 1 large sweet potato, diced
  • 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
  • 2 cups baby spinach or mixed greens
  • 1 avocado, sliced
  • 1/4 cup sliced red onion
  • 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • Salt and pepper, to taste

For the dressing:
    • 1/4 cup tahini
    • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
    • 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
    • 1 clove garlic, minced
    • Water, as needed to thin
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
  2. In a large bowl, toss the diced sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, smoked paprika, ground cumin, salt, and pepper until evenly coated. Spread them out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
  3. Roast the sweet potatoes in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are tender and golden brown, tossing halfway through cooking.
  4. While the sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare the chickpeas. In the same bowl used for the sweet potatoes, toss the chickpeas with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread them out on a separate baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy.
  5. In the meantime, prepare the dressing by whisking together the tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup or honey, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Gradually add water until the dressing reaches your desired consistency.
  6. To assemble the Buddha bowls, divide the cooked quinoa or brown rice among four bowls. Top each bowl with roasted sweet potatoes, crispy chickpeas, baby spinach or mixed greens, sliced avocado, red onion, and crumbled feta cheese (if using).
  7. Drizzle the tahini dressing over each bowl or serve it on the side.
  8. Serve your Chickpea and Sweet Potato Buddha Bowls immediately and enjoy the delicious flavors and textures!

Chickpea and Sweet Potato Buddha.jpg

I hope you enjoy this unique and wholesome dish! Let me know if you give it a try. Happy cooking! 🥗🍠

Oh my goodness, this Chickpea and Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl is seriously amazing! 🥗💕 The combination of roasted sweet potatoes, crispy chickpeas, and fresh veggies is out of this world. And don't even get me started on the creamy tahini dressing—it ties everything together perfectly. This bowl is my new go-to favorite! 🌟👌

Back