Chinese-style Steamed Fish with Ginger and Soy Sauce Recipe

strawberrykiss0325

Culinary Explorer
Hey there! 🐟 Looking for a delicious and healthy dinner idea? Let me introduce you to Chinese-style steamed fish with ginger and soy sauce! 🥢🌿 It's a classic dish that's bursting with flavor and incredibly easy to make. It's sure to become a new favorite at your dinner table. Let me know how it goes once you tried it! 🍽️✨
Chinese-style Steamed Fish with Ginger and Soy Sauce Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 whole fish (such as sea bass or snapper), cleaned and scaled
  • 2 inches fresh ginger, julienned
  • 3-4 green onions, sliced diagonally
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (optional)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
  • Steamed jasmine rice, for serving

Instructions:
  1. Place the cleaned fish on a heatproof plate that fits inside your steamer. Make 2-3 diagonal cuts on each side of the fish to help it cook evenly.
  2. Season the fish with salt and pepper, then scatter half of the julienned ginger and green onions on top.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, vegetable oil, and Shaoxing wine (if using). Pour the sauce over the fish.
  4. Place the plate with the fish into a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam for 10-15 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
  5. Carefully remove the plate from the steamer and discard any excess liquid.
  6. Garnish the fish with the remaining ginger and green onions, and fresh cilantro leaves if desired.
  7. Serve hot with steamed jasmine rice and enjoy this delicious and healthy Chinese-style steamed fish!

My father loves fish so much and this is perfect 'coz i've been looking for a new recipe for fish. This helps a lot 😋😋😉👌

This Chinese-style Steamed Fish is like a flavor party! 🎉🐟Simple, healthy, and oh-so-delicious. Can't wait to dig in!

Hey there! 🐟 Looking for a delicious and healthy dinner idea? Let me introduce you to Chinese-style steamed fish with ginger and soy sauce! 🥢🌿 It's a classic dish that's bursting with flavor and incredibly easy to make. It's sure to become a new favorite at your dinner table. Let me know how it goes once you tried it! 🍽️✨
View attachment 2187

Ingredients:
  • 1 whole fish (such as sea bass or snapper), cleaned and scaled
  • 2 inches fresh ginger, julienned
  • 3-4 green onions, sliced diagonally
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (optional)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
  • Steamed jasmine rice, for serving

Instructions:
  1. Place the cleaned fish on a heatproof plate that fits inside your steamer. Make 2-3 diagonal cuts on each side of the fish to help it cook evenly.
  2. Season the fish with salt and pepper, then scatter half of the julienned ginger and green onions on top.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, vegetable oil, and Shaoxing wine (if using). Pour the sauce over the fish.
  4. Place the plate with the fish into a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam for 10-15 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
  5. Carefully remove the plate from the steamer and discard any excess liquid.
  6. Garnish the fish with the remaining ginger and green onions, and fresh cilantro leaves if desired.
  7. Serve hot with steamed jasmine rice and enjoy this delicious and healthy Chinese-style steamed fish!
Thanks for sharing this recipe! Chinese-style Steamed Fish with Ginger and Soy Sauce sounds like a flavorful and healthy dish. I can already imagine the tender fish steamed to perfection and infused with the aromatic flavors of ginger and soy sauce. Plus, steaming is a great cooking method that preserves the natural flavors and nutrients of the fish. Can't wait to try making this Chinese-style Steamed Fish for a delicious and nutritious meal!

Back