Chipotle Orange Shrimp with Cilantro Rice

EternalVoyager

Culinary Explorer
Hi guys! I promise you this recipe is divine! Its super tasty and very easy to make! try it!

INGREDIENTS​

Chipotle Orange Sauce:
chipotle orange shrimp.jpg

• 1 chipotle pepper (or half of one pepper, for a less spicy version)
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • zest of one orange
Shrimp and Rice:
  • a drizzle of olive oil
  • 1 pound uncooked shrimp, tails removed, patted dry
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 1/2 cups white rice (I like jasmine rice or just plain long grain rice)
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Cucumbers:
  • 2 small cucumbers (or one large), thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. Cucumbers: Toss together all the cucumber ingredients. Set aside.
  2. Sauce: Blend sauce ingredients together until mostly smooth. But don’t overblend!
  3. Rice: Cook rice according to package directions. Stir in cilantro and salt to taste (+ add lime juice, or the juice of the zested orange, if you want some citrus goodness in there).
  4. Shrimp: Heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes on each side, sprinkling with the cumin, plus some salt and pepper.
  5. Finish: Add the sauce and simmer for another 5 minutes or so. Serve shrimp over rice, with a salad or some fresh zippy cucumbers.

This recipe looks absolutely mouthwatering! 😍 I can almost taste the savory shrimp paired with the tangy orange sauce and fragrant cilantro rice. Can't wait to give this a try and add some zest to my weeknight dinners! 🍤🍊 Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe!

Chipotle orange shrimp with cilantro rice sounds amazing! Love the blend of flavors—thanks for sharing this delicious recipe! Can't wait to give it a try! 😋

Back