Chipotle-Rubbed Salmon Tacos with Apple-Cucumber Salsa

Ui Ui

Culinary Explorer
Hey friends! 🌮 Yesterday morning, I tried making these delicious Chipotle-Rubbed Salmon Tacos with Apple-Cucumber Salsa, and oh my goodness, they turned out amazing! The smoky chipotle rub on the salmon paired perfectly with the fresh, crunchy salsa. It was a hit, and I can’t wait to share this recipe with you! Let’s dive in!

Chipotle-Rubbed Salmon Tacos with Apple-Cucumber Salsa.jpg
Ingredients
Apple-Cucumber Salsa

• 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and diced
  • ½ cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
  • ½ small red onion, diced
  • ½ small red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
  • Kosher salt, to taste
Salmon Tacos
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
  • 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 pound skinless wild Alaskan salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 8 corn tortillas
  • Kosher salt, to taste
  • 1 Hass avocado, mashed
  • 1 cup finely shredded cabbage

Directions
  1. Make the Salsa: In a bowl, toss together the diced apple, cucumber, red onion, and red bell pepper. Stir in the white wine vinegar and sugar, then season with a pinch of kosher salt. Set this aside to let the flavors mingle.
  2. Prepare the Tacos: Preheat your oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and lime juice until smooth. In another bowl, mix the chipotle chili powder, orange zest, and sugar. Rub each salmon piece with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, then coat with the chipotle mixture. Let it sit for about 5 minutes to soak up the flavors.
  3. Wrap the tortillas in foil and pop them in the oven for about 8 minutes, just until they’re warm and soft.
  4. While the tortillas are warming, heat a grill pan over high heat. Season the salmon with salt, then grill for about 3 minutes on each side until it’s beautifully browned and cooked through.
  5. Gently break each salmon piece in half. Spread the mashed avocado on your warm tortillas, then top with the grilled salmon, a generous scoop of the Apple-Cucumber Salsa, and a handful of shredded cabbage. Drizzle with the lime mayonnaise, and serve immediately.

Enjoy these tasty tacos! I promise you’ll love the fresh flavors and the little kick from the chipotle. Happy cooking! Hope you enjoy making these as much as I did! 😊

Hey friends! 🌮 Yesterday morning, I tried making these delicious Chipotle-Rubbed Salmon Tacos with Apple-Cucumber Salsa, and oh my goodness, they turned out amazing! The smoky chipotle rub on the salmon paired perfectly with the fresh, crunchy salsa. It was a hit, and I can’t wait to share this recipe with you! Let’s dive in!

View attachment 6384Ingredients
Apple-Cucumber Salsa

• 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and diced
  • ½ cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
  • ½ small red onion, diced
  • ½ small red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
  • Kosher salt, to taste
Salmon Tacos
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
  • 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 pound skinless wild Alaskan salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 8 corn tortillas
  • Kosher salt, to taste
  • 1 Hass avocado, mashed
  • 1 cup finely shredded cabbage

Directions
  1. Make the Salsa: In a bowl, toss together the diced apple, cucumber, red onion, and red bell pepper. Stir in the white wine vinegar and sugar, then season with a pinch of kosher salt. Set this aside to let the flavors mingle.
  2. Prepare the Tacos: Preheat your oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and lime juice until smooth. In another bowl, mix the chipotle chili powder, orange zest, and sugar. Rub each salmon piece with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, then coat with the chipotle mixture. Let it sit for about 5 minutes to soak up the flavors.
  3. Wrap the tortillas in foil and pop them in the oven for about 8 minutes, just until they’re warm and soft.
  4. While the tortillas are warming, heat a grill pan over high heat. Season the salmon with salt, then grill for about 3 minutes on each side until it’s beautifully browned and cooked through.
  5. Gently break each salmon piece in half. Spread the mashed avocado on your warm tortillas, then top with the grilled salmon, a generous scoop of the Apple-Cucumber Salsa, and a handful of shredded cabbage. Drizzle with the lime mayonnaise, and serve immediately.

Enjoy these tasty tacos! I promise you’ll love the fresh flavors and the little kick from the chipotle. Happy cooking! Hope you enjoy making these as much as I did! 😊
These Chipotle-Rubbed Salmon Tacos with Apple-Cucumber Salsa sound fantastic! I love the idea of combining spicy salmon with a fresh, crunchy salsa. It seems like such a fun and delicious meal for taco night. I can't wait to try making these myself! 🌮🐟🍏🥒

Back