Chocolate Strawberry Scones

eihra520

Culinary Explorer
Hey party planners! 🥳 Are you looking for a delightful addition to your backyard gathering that will satisfy everyone's sweet tooth? 😊 Lemme share you this Chocolate Strawberry Scones recipe 🍓🍫

1000033076.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chunks or chips
  • 2/3 cup heavy cream, plus extra for brushing
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well to combine.
  3. Add the cold cubed butter to the flour mixture and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to work the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse crumbs.
  4. Gently fold in the chopped strawberries and chocolate chunks until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
  5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla extract until well combined.
  6. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
  7. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead it a few times until it comes together.
  8. Pat the dough into a circle about 1 inch thick, then use a sharp knife to cut it into 8 wedges.
  9. Transfer the scones to the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each one.
  10. Brush the tops of the scones with a little extra heavy cream to help them brown in the oven.
  11. Bake the Chocolate Strawberry Scones in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
  12. Remove the scones from the oven and let them cool slightly on the baking sheet before serving.
  13. Serve the warm scones at your backyard party and watch as your guests devour every crumb!

These Chocolate Strawberry Scones look absolutely divine! 😍 Can't wait to give them a try! Do you think they'd still turn out alright if I substitute the strawberries for raspberries? 🤔 Just wondering if anyone has tried that before. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe! 🍫🍓

These Chocolate Strawberry Scones look absolutely divine! 😍 Can't wait to give them a try! Do you think they'd still turn out alright if I substitute the strawberries for raspberries? 🤔 Just wondering if anyone has tried that before. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe! 🍫🍓
Chocolate and strawberries are such a classic combo, and I love that you've incorporated them into scones! 🍫🍓 Can't wait to try making these for a cozy weekend morning treat. 🌞

Yum! 🍫🍓 Chocolate Strawberry Scones sound like a dream! I can already imagine the rich cocoa flavor melding with the sweetness of strawberries in every bite. Definitely going to whip up a batch of these for breakfast! 🥐

Back