Chocolate Truffle Cake

itsmepat

Novice Foodie
75758092.jpg

I recently tried this Chocolate Truffle Cake, and I have to say, it’s one of the richest, most decadent desserts I’ve ever made. The layers of moist chocolate cake combined with a smooth, velvety truffle filling make every bite feel like pure indulgence. Here’s how you can make it at home:

Ingredients:​

For the Cake:
  • 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
  • ¾ cup cocoa powder
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • ½ cup vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup boiling water
For the Chocolate Truffle Filling:
  • 10 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
  • 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the Chocolate Ganache:
  • 8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1 cup heavy cream

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Cake Layers:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt.
  3. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
  4. Gradually stir in the boiling water until the batter is thin and smooth.
  5. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  6. Let the cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove them and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
2. Make the Chocolate Truffle Filling:
  1. Heat the cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until it just begins to simmer.
  2. Remove from heat, add the chopped chocolate 🍫, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
  3. Stir until smooth, then let it cool to room temperature. Once cooled, whip the mixture until it’s light and fluffy.
3. Assemble the Cake:
  1. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread the chocolate truffle filling evenly over the top.
  2. Place the second cake layer on top, pressing down gently.
4. Prepare the Chocolate Ganache:
  1. Heat the cream in a saucepan over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
  2. Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate 🍫. Let it sit for a few minutes before stirring until smooth.
  3. Let the ganache cool slightly, then pour it over the top of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
5. Final Touch:
  1. Let the cake set at room temperature for about an hour, or refrigerate it for a firmer texture.
  2. Slice and enjoy the rich, chocolatey goodness 😋.

Conclusion:​

This Chocolate Truffle Cake is perfect for special occasions or when you’re just craving something intensely chocolatey. The combination of moist cake and luscious truffle filling, topped with a glossy ganache, makes it irresistible. I’m sure it’ll become a favorite in your home, just like it did in mine. 🍰

Wow, this Chocolate Truffle Cake sounds absolutely heavenly! 😍 Thanks for sharing the detailed recipe. I’ve been looking for something extra decadent to try for an upcoming birthday, and this seems perfect. I love how the truffle filling adds that extra layer of richness. Can’t wait to give this a go and indulge in all that chocolatey goodness! 🍫🍰

View attachment 5687

I recently tried this Chocolate Truffle Cake, and I have to say, it’s one of the richest, most decadent desserts I’ve ever made. The layers of moist chocolate cake combined with a smooth, velvety truffle filling make every bite feel like pure indulgence. Here’s how you can make it at home:

Ingredients:​

For the Cake:
  • 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
  • ¾ cup cocoa powder
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • ½ cup vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup boiling water
For the Chocolate Truffle Filling:
  • 10 oz semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
  • 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the Chocolate Ganache:
  • 8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1 cup heavy cream

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Cake Layers:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt.
  3. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
  4. Gradually stir in the boiling water until the batter is thin and smooth.
  5. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  6. Let the cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove them and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
2. Make the Chocolate Truffle Filling:
  1. Heat the cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until it just begins to simmer.
  2. Remove from heat, add the chopped chocolate 🍫, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
  3. Stir until smooth, then let it cool to room temperature. Once cooled, whip the mixture until it’s light and fluffy.
3. Assemble the Cake:
  1. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread the chocolate truffle filling evenly over the top.
  2. Place the second cake layer on top, pressing down gently.
4. Prepare the Chocolate Ganache:
  1. Heat the cream in a saucepan over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
  2. Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate 🍫. Let it sit for a few minutes before stirring until smooth.
  3. Let the ganache cool slightly, then pour it over the top of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
5. Final Touch:
  1. Let the cake set at room temperature for about an hour, or refrigerate it for a firmer texture.
  2. Slice and enjoy the rich, chocolatey goodness 😋.

Conclusion:​

This Chocolate Truffle Cake is perfect for special occasions or when you’re just craving something intensely chocolatey. The combination of moist cake and luscious truffle filling, topped with a glossy ganache, makes it irresistible. I’m sure it’ll become a favorite in your home, just like it did in mine. 🍰
Hey all! I think a Chocolate Truffle Cake sounds amazing though! Rich and decadent—perfect for any special occasion. 🍫🎂

Back