Classic French Toast

Horton

Culinary Explorer
Hey friends, I want to share this Classic French Toast. This is one of my favorite breakfasts. It's a comforting and indulgent breakfast that's sure to delight your taste buds. So, let's gather our ingredients and get ready to make this delicious French toast together!

Ingredients:
909×643
134.5 kB

frenchtoast.jpg

• 4 slices of bread (such as brioche, challah, or French bread)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Butter or oil, for cooking
  • Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
  • Maple syrup, for serving
Instructions:
  1. In a shallow dish or bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon until well combined.
  2. Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and add a small amount of butter or oil to coat the surface.
  3. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, allowing it to soak for a few seconds on each side. Make sure the bread is evenly coated with the mixture but not overly saturated.
  4. Place the soaked bread slices onto the preheated skillet or griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
  5. Transfer the cooked French toast to a plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining slices of bread.
  6. Once all the French toast slices are cooked, dust them with powdered sugar if desired and serve immediately with a generous drizzle of maple syrup.
  7. Enjoy this classic and delicious French toast as a comforting breakfast treat that's perfect for any morning!
You can top some slices of banana or anything you like! 👌

Your Classic French Toast recipe looks absolutely delightful! 🍞🥚 I appreciate how timeless and comforting this dish is, perfect for lazy weekend mornings or a cozy breakfast any day of the week. The simplicity of ingredients paired with the promise of golden, crispy slices of toast makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Thanks for sharing this timeless recipe with us! Can't wait to give it a try and savor every delicious bite! 😋👌

Thank you for sharing this Classic French Toast recipe! 🍽 I think using day-old bread or a sturdy loaf like brioche ensures the toast holds its shape while soaking up all the delicious flavors.Though, if you want to add a fruity twist, try topping your French toast with fresh berries or a dollop of whipped cream!

🍞🍯 This Classic French Toast looks like the ultimate breakfast treat! 😍 Perfectly golden and delicious. Can’t wait to give it a go!

Back