Classic Tiramisu

MidnightWanderer88

Novice Foodie
This iconic Italian dessert features layers of espresso-soaked ladyfinger cookies and creamy mascarpone cheese, dusted with cocoa powder for a touch of indulgence. It's decadent, elegant, and surprisingly easy to make at home. Treat yourself and your loved ones to this irresistible dessert and transport your taste buds to Italy!

Classic Tiramisu.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 6 egg yolks
  • 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
  • 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream
  • 1 cup (240ml) strong brewed espresso, cooled
  • 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur (such as Kahlua), optional
  • 1 1/2 cups (360g) mascarpone cheese, softened
  • 24-30 ladyfinger cookies (savoiardi)
  • Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
Instructions:
  1. In a heatproof bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and granulated sugar until pale and creamy.
  2. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water (double boiler) and continue whisking until the mixture thickens slightly, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
  3. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
  4. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cooled egg yolk mixture until well combined.
  5. In another shallow dish, combine the cooled espresso with the coffee liqueur (if using).
  6. Dip each ladyfinger cookie into the espresso mixture for a few seconds, allowing them to soak up the liquid without becoming too soggy.
  7. Arrange a layer of soaked ladyfingers in the bottom of a serving dish or baking pan, covering the entire surface.
  8. Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the soaked ladyfingers, smoothing it out into an even layer.
  9. Repeat the process with another layer of soaked ladyfingers and the remaining mascarpone mixture.
  10. Cover the tiramisu with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to meld together and the dessert to set.
  11. Before serving, dust the top of the tiramisu generously with unsweetened cocoa powder using a fine-mesh sieve.
  12. Slice and serve the Classic Tiramisu chilled, and enjoy every luxurious bite!
Indulge in the luscious layers of this Classic Tiramisu and treat yourself to a taste of Italy's finest dessert. Buon appetito!

Ah, classic tiramisu - the ultimate indulgence! 😍 This recipe looks like a true winner, with layers of creamy mascarpone and coffee-soaked ladyfingers. Can't wait to whip this up for my next dinner party and impress my guests. Grazie mille for sharing this timeless delight!" 🍰☕

This iconic Italian dessert features layers of espresso-soaked ladyfinger cookies and creamy mascarpone cheese, dusted with cocoa powder for a touch of indulgence. It's decadent, elegant, and surprisingly easy to make at home. Treat yourself and your loved ones to this irresistible dessert and transport your taste buds to Italy!

View attachment 2813

Ingredients:
  • 6 egg yolks
  • 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
  • 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream
  • 1 cup (240ml) strong brewed espresso, cooled
  • 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur (such as Kahlua), optional
  • 1 1/2 cups (360g) mascarpone cheese, softened
  • 24-30 ladyfinger cookies (savoiardi)
  • Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
Instructions:
  1. In a heatproof bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and granulated sugar until pale and creamy.
  2. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water (double boiler) and continue whisking until the mixture thickens slightly, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
  3. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
  4. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cooled egg yolk mixture until well combined.
  5. In another shallow dish, combine the cooled espresso with the coffee liqueur (if using).
  6. Dip each ladyfinger cookie into the espresso mixture for a few seconds, allowing them to soak up the liquid without becoming too soggy.
  7. Arrange a layer of soaked ladyfingers in the bottom of a serving dish or baking pan, covering the entire surface.
  8. Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the soaked ladyfingers, smoothing it out into an even layer.
  9. Repeat the process with another layer of soaked ladyfingers and the remaining mascarpone mixture.
  10. Cover the tiramisu with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to meld together and the dessert to set.
  11. Before serving, dust the top of the tiramisu generously with unsweetened cocoa powder using a fine-mesh sieve.
  12. Slice and serve the Classic Tiramisu chilled, and enjoy every luxurious bite!
Indulge in the luscious layers of this Classic Tiramisu and treat yourself to a taste of Italy's finest dessert. Buon appetito!
I've always wanted to try making tiramisu at home, and this recipe seems simple enough for me to tackle. The combination of coffee-soaked ladyfingers and creamy mascarpone filling sounds like a dream. Can't wait to indulge in a slice of this classic Italian dessert!

Your classic tiramisu recipe sounds like a dream come true! I can already imagine the rich flavors and velvety texture melting in my mouth. And the fact that it's easy to make at home is just icing on the cake (or should I say, cocoa powder on the tiramisu?)🍮

Back