Classic Ube (Purple Yam) Jam

Annie_girl

Novice Foodie
One of my fondest memories is the aroma of ube jam wafting through the kitchen. Recreating this traditional delicacy from scratch brings me closer to my roots and allows me to savor the natural flavors of purple yam.

Ingredients:

• 1 kilogram of fresh ube (purple yam)
  • 1 can of coconut milk (400ml)
  • 1 cup of condensed milk (adjust according to sweetness preference)
  • 1 cup of white sugar (adjust according to sweetness preference)
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
Instructions:

1. Wash the fresh ube thoroughly under running water to remove any dirt or debris. Peel the ube using a vegetable peeler or a knife, then cut it into small cubes.
  2. In a large pot, add the cubed ube and cover it with water. Boil the ube until it becomes fork-tender, which usually takes about 15-20 minutes.
  3. Once the ube is cooked, drain the water and let the ube cool down slightly. Mash the cooked ube using a fork or potato masher until it forms a smooth consistency. You can also use a food processor for a finer texture.
  4. In a separate pot, combine the mashed ube, coconut milk, condensed milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract (if using). Mix everything together until well combined.
  5. Place the pot over medium heat and stir the mixture continuously to prevent it from sticking to the bottom. Cook the ube jam until it thickens to your desired consistency, which can take about 30-40 minutes.
  6. Once the jam has thickened and achieved a spreadable texture, remove it from the heat and let it cool completely.
  7. Transfer the cooled ube jam into clean, sterilized jars. Seal the jars tightly and store them in the refrigerator.
Enjoy your homemade ube jam spread on toast, mixed into desserts, or simply eaten by the spoonful for a taste of this comfort food at its finest!

dadadadsda.jpg

One of my fondest memories is the aroma of ube jam wafting through the kitchen. Recreating this traditional delicacy from scratch brings me closer to my roots and allows me to savor the natural flavors of purple yam.

Ingredients:

• 1 kilogram of fresh ube (purple yam)
  • 1 can of coconut milk (400ml)
  • 1 cup of condensed milk (adjust according to sweetness preference)
  • 1 cup of white sugar (adjust according to sweetness preference)
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
Instructions:

1. Wash the fresh ube thoroughly under running water to remove any dirt or debris. Peel the ube using a vegetable peeler or a knife, then cut it into small cubes.
  2. In a large pot, add the cubed ube and cover it with water. Boil the ube until it becomes fork-tender, which usually takes about 15-20 minutes.
  3. Once the ube is cooked, drain the water and let the ube cool down slightly. Mash the cooked ube using a fork or potato masher until it forms a smooth consistency. You can also use a food processor for a finer texture.
  4. In a separate pot, combine the mashed ube, coconut milk, condensed milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract (if using). Mix everything together until well combined.
  5. Place the pot over medium heat and stir the mixture continuously to prevent it from sticking to the bottom. Cook the ube jam until it thickens to your desired consistency, which can take about 30-40 minutes.
  6. Once the jam has thickened and achieved a spreadable texture, remove it from the heat and let it cool completely.
  7. Transfer the cooled ube jam into clean, sterilized jars. Seal the jars tightly and store them in the refrigerator.
Enjoy your homemade ube jam spread on toast, mixed into desserts, or simply eaten by the spoonful for a taste of this comfort food at its finest!

View attachment 1037
This classic ube jam recipe is a must-try! I love spreading it on toast for a deliciously unique breakfast. Has anyone else tried it with pancakes? 🍠💜🍞

Ah, Classic Ube (Purple Yam) Jam—what a delightful Filipino treat! 💜✨ This vibrant and velvety jam captures the essence of the beloved purple yam, with its rich, sweet, and slightly earthy flavor. 😋🍠 Whether spread on toast, swirled into desserts, or enjoyed straight from the spoon, this jam is sure to bring a taste of nostalgia and warmth to any meal. 🥖🍯 Can't wait to experience its comforting goodness!

Back