Coconut Cake 🥥🍰

corbin

Culinary Explorer
Hi everyone, Let me share with you the Coconut Cake recipe. It is a classic dessert that's perfect for coconut lovers. Moist and tender coconut-flavored cake layers are filled and frosted with a creamy coconut frosting, then coated with shredded coconut for extra flavor and texture. This cake is a crowd-pleaser and makes a beautiful centerpiece for any celebration or special occasion.
1200×1005
143.4 kB

coconutcake.jpg

Ingredients:

For the Cake:

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
For the Coconut Frosting:

• 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, for decorating
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper for easy removal.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
  4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
  5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the coconut milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
  6. Fold in the sweetened shredded coconut until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
  7. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans and smooth the tops with a spatula.
  8. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
  9. Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
  10. While the cakes are cooling, prepare the coconut frosting. In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter until smooth and creamy.
  11. Gradually add the powdered sugar, alternating with the coconut milk, vanilla extract, coconut extract, and a pinch of salt. Beat until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
  12. Once the cakes are completely cooled, place one cake layer on a serving plate or cake stand. Spread a layer of coconut frosting over the top of the cake layer.
  13. Place the second cake layer on top and spread the remaining coconut frosting over the top and sides of the cake, using an offset spatula to create a smooth finish.
  14. Press sweetened shredded coconut onto the top and sides of the cake to coat it evenly.
  15. Chill the Coconut Cake in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
  16. Enjoy the deliciously moist and coconutty flavor of this Coconut Cake with friends and family!
Note: Store any leftover Coconut Cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.

This Coconut Cake recipe looks absolutely heavenly! 🥥🍰 I can just imagine the moist layers infused with coconut flavor, topped with a creamy coconut frosting and toasted coconut flakes for that extra crunch. It's the perfect combination of sweetness and tropical goodness. I'll definitely be giving this recipe a try for my next special occasion!

This recipe is so good especially if you're not into the usual flavor cream fillings. Will try this recipe sometimes. 😉👌👍

This Coconut Cake is like a tropical vacation in every bite! 🌴🍰 Moist, tender layers infused with coconut milk and creamy frosting. Can't wait to share the tropical bliss with my loved ones! 🥥🍰✨

This Coconut Cake recipe looks absolutely heavenly! 🥥🍰 I can just imagine the moist layers infused with coconut flavor, topped with a creamy coconut frosting and toasted coconut flakes for that extra crunch. It's the perfect combination of sweetness and tropical goodness. I'll definitely be giving this recipe a try for my next special occasion!
This recipe is so good especially if you're not into the usual flavor cream fillings. Will try this recipe sometimes. 😉👌👍
This Coconut Cake is like a tropical vacation in every bite! 🌴🍰 Moist, tender layers infused with coconut milk and creamy frosting. Can't wait to share the tropical bliss with my loved ones! 🥥🍰✨
Hey guys, I'm really glad that you like the recipe, it is very good and you won't regret it for sure. Enjoy👌

Back