Colcannon Potatoes Recipe

Peachy

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I'm excited to share my take on a classic Irish comfort food dish: Colcannon Potatoes! I first tried this dish during a trip to Ireland, and it quickly became a favorite in my kitchen. It's creamy, hearty, and bursting with flavor – perfect for cozy nights or as a side dish for any meal!

Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds potatoes (such as russet or Yukon gold), peeled and diced
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 leek, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
  • 4 cups shredded cabbage or kale
  • 1/2 cup milk or cream
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
Colcannon Potatoes Recipe.jpeg
Instructions:

1. Boil the diced potatoes in a large pot of salted water until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
  2. In the same pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sliced leek and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
  3. Stir in the shredded cabbage or kale and cook until wilted, about 5-7 minutes.
  4. Add the boiled potatoes back to the pot, along with the milk or cream.
  5. Mash everything together until smooth and creamy, adding more milk or cream as needed to reach your desired consistency.
  6. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and stir in some chopped fresh parsley if desired.
  7. Serve the Colcannon hot, garnished with additional butter or parsley if you like.
It's a wonderful way to add some Irish flair to your meals and a great way to sneak in some extra veggies🥔🍀✨

I loved how simple the recipe was to follow. The tips you provided made it even easier to get everything just right. The combination of creamy potatoes with the cabbage is so comforting and flavorful. This dish is definitely going into my regular rotation. Thanks for sharing such a fantastic recipe! 😊😉👍✨

Yum! 😍 Colcannon Potatoes are a total comfort food classic! 🥔🍀 Love how creamy and flavorful they are. Your recipe looks spot-on! Can't wait to whip up a batch for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing the deliciousness! 🙌

Back