Comforting Chicken Pot Pie: A Homestyle Favorite

byang05

Culinary Explorer
Comforting Chicken Pot Pie- A Homestyle Favorite.jpg

I'm sharing a beloved classic that always brings warmth and nostalgia to the dinner table: Chicken Pot Pie! This homestyle favorite features tender chicken, wholesome vegetables, and a buttery crust that's sure to melt your heart with every bite. So, gather your loved ones and let's embark on a culinary journey down memory lane!

Ingredients:
  • 2 pre-made pie crusts (or make your own if you're feeling adventurous)
  • 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
  • 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, corn)
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup milk or cream
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and cook until softened and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
  3. Stir in the flour and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes to create a roux.
  4. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth and milk, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Cook until the mixture thickens and begins to bubble, about 5 minutes.
  5. Add the cooked chicken and frozen mixed vegetables to the skillet, and stir until everything is well coated in the creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  6. Roll out one pie crust and place it in the bottom of a pie dish. Pour the chicken mixture over the crust.
  7. Roll out the second pie crust and place it over the filling. Trim any excess dough and crimp the edges to seal the pie.
  8. Brush the top of the pie crust with the beaten egg to create a golden finish.
  9. Using a sharp knife, make a few small slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape during baking.
  10. Bake the Chicken Pot Pie in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
  11. Let the pie cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
  12. Enjoy this comforting Chicken Pot Pie with your favorite sides, and savor the taste of home with every spoonful!

I hope this Chicken Pot Pie recipe brings a little slice of comfort and joy to your kitchen, just like it does for mine. Cooking is more than just following a recipe – it's about creating memories and sharing love through food. So, gather your loved ones, cozy up around the table, and enjoy the simple pleasures of a homestyle meal. Until next time, happy cooking and bon appétit! 🥧✨

There's something truly special about the comforting aroma of a homemade pie baking in the oven. I can't wait to recreate it for my family dinner! 🥧✨

View attachment 421

I'm sharing a beloved classic that always brings warmth and nostalgia to the dinner table: Chicken Pot Pie! This homestyle favorite features tender chicken, wholesome vegetables, and a buttery crust that's sure to melt your heart with every bite. So, gather your loved ones and let's embark on a culinary journey down memory lane!

Ingredients:
  • 2 pre-made pie crusts (or make your own if you're feeling adventurous)
  • 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
  • 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, corn)
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup milk or cream
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and cook until softened and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
  3. Stir in the flour and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes to create a roux.
  4. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth and milk, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Cook until the mixture thickens and begins to bubble, about 5 minutes.
  5. Add the cooked chicken and frozen mixed vegetables to the skillet, and stir until everything is well coated in the creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  6. Roll out one pie crust and place it in the bottom of a pie dish. Pour the chicken mixture over the crust.
  7. Roll out the second pie crust and place it over the filling. Trim any excess dough and crimp the edges to seal the pie.
  8. Brush the top of the pie crust with the beaten egg to create a golden finish.
  9. Using a sharp knife, make a few small slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape during baking.
  10. Bake the Chicken Pot Pie in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
  11. Let the pie cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
  12. Enjoy this comforting Chicken Pot Pie with your favorite sides, and savor the taste of home with every spoonful!

I hope this Chicken Pot Pie recipe brings a little slice of comfort and joy to your kitchen, just like it does for mine. Cooking is more than just following a recipe – it's about creating memories and sharing love through food. So, gather your loved ones, cozy up around the table, and enjoy the simple pleasures of a homestyle meal. Until next time, happy cooking and bon appétit! 🥧✨
This chicken pot pie recipe looks absolutely delicious! The golden crust and hearty filling make it the perfect comfort food. I love how you’ve kept it simple yet flavorful. Can’t wait to try this at home! 🥧🍗

Comforting Chicken Pot Pie sounds like the ultimate cozy dish! 🥰 I love how homestyle recipes like this make everything better. Can’t wait to dig in! 😋

These look delicious!! Thank you for sharing the recipe!! I've made those, followed your recipe to and it worked great.. Very delicious thanks:love:(y)

Back