Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta

Steak_lover01

Culinary Explorer
Hey friends!!! I recently cooked a batch of my Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta🍤🍝 for the fam, and let me tell you, it's a taste of home with every bite and they really loved it! Creamy sauce, succulent shrimp, and a hint of garlic - it's like a warm hug in a bowl.

Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta.jpg

INGREDIENTS​

Pasta + Shrimp:​

• 1 to 2 pounds peeled, deveined shrimp (remove tails, if needed) – see note
  • 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika (or regular paprika)
  • Salt and pepper
  • 12 ounces linguine or spaghetti
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil

Sauce:​

• 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
  • 1 ½ cups milk (not skim) or heavy cream (see note!)
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • Pinch of black pepper
  • 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
  • Chopped, fresh parsley, for garnish
  • Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving

INSTRUCTIONS​

• Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp together with the smoked paprika and a small pinch or so of salt and pepper.
  • Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, according to package directions. BEFORE DRAINING, ladle out 1-2 cups of the pasta water and set aside for later. Drain the pasta.
  • While the pasta is cooking, heat the 1 tablespoon butter + 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 12-inch skillet (or a deep skillet) over medium heat until hot and rippling. Add half of the shrimp in a single layer and cook for 30-45 seconds; flip the shrimp and cook just until the shrimp have turned pink and are cooked through (it won't take long!).
  • Using tongs, remove the shrimp to a plate keeping as much butter/liquid in the pan as possible. Repeat with remaining shrimp – removing to the plate with the other shrimp when done cooking.
  • Return the pan to medium heat and melt the 2 tablespoons butter. Add the garlic and cook, stirring often (don't let it burn!), until fragrant, about 30-45 seconds.
  • If using milk, whisk it together with the cornstarch (see note below). Pour the milk mixture (or heavy cream, if using) into the pan and whisk to combine, letting the sauce bubble and thicken slightly, 1-2 minutes.
  • Add the salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Stir over medium heat until the cheese is melted.
  • Add the cooked noodles, lifting and tossing with tongs to coat the pasta thoroughly with the sauce. Add spoonfuls of the reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce and pasta (just eyeball it – probably won't need to add all the reserved water).
  • Add the shrimp and toss to combine with the pasta. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if needed! Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
  • Serve immediately (for maximum creaminess)! Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.

I'm really into shrimp pasta, and I'm excited to give this recipe a shot soon. Thanks for sharing your recipe! :love:

Wow, this Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta looks incredible! 😍 Can't wait to try making it myself. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 🍤🍝

Back