Creamy Greek Yogurt Pasta Sauce Recipe

MylaPeek

Culinary Explorer
Hey pasta lovers! Ever tried Greek Yogurt Pasta Sauce? 🍝 It's a game-changer! Creamy, dreamy, and oh-so-delicious. Whip it up in minutes for a meal that's both comforting and light. With garlic, Parmesan, and a hint of parsley, it's a flavor explosion! Your taste buds will thank you. 😋 #YogurtYum #EasyPeasyPasta

Ingredients:

• 8 ounces of fettuccine pasta or your preferred pasta variety
  • 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
  • 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
  • 1 cup of plain whole milk Greek yogurt, at room temperature
  • 2/3 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
  • 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, plus extra for pasta water
  • 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup of roughly chopped parsley
  • Optional: 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes

Creamy Greek Yogurt Pasta Sauce .jpg

Instructions:
  1. Begin by bringing a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until it reaches al dente texture, typically about 12-14 minutes. Remember to reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining the pasta. Set the pasta aside.
  2. In the same pot, now empty, place it back on the stove. Melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for about a minute until it turns translucent. Adjust the heat if necessary to prevent the garlic from browning.
  3. While maintaining low heat, whisk in the Greek yogurt and Parmesan cheese. Continuously stir for a minute or two until the yogurt is heated through and the cheese is fully melted. Gradually add the reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, to achieve the desired consistency and smoothness of the sauce.
  4. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Give it a taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
  5. Add the drained pasta to the pot and gently toss until all the pasta is evenly coated with the creamy sauce.
  6. Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl. Top it with chopped parsley, extra Parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes if desired. Serve immediately.
Notes:
  • This recipe yields approximately 2 cups of pasta sauce, which is sufficient for serving 4 adults when mixed with cooked pasta.
  • Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
  • When reheating, gently warm the sauce in a large skillet or pan on the stovetop over low heat, stirring frequently. If the sauce thickens in the fridge, add a splash of water or vegetable broth to restore its smooth consistency.
  • It's crucial to use full-fat Greek yogurt for its thick consistency and to prevent curdling when warmed on low heat. Avoid substituting with regular yogurt.

PS: I love sharing this Greek Yogurt Pasta Sauce recipe because it's not just food, it's pure comfort in a bowl! 😊 It's my go-to for cozy nights in or when I need a quick, delicious meal that feels like a hug. Plus, it's so versatile – you can customize it with your favorite pasta and toppings! Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Attachments

• Creamy Greek Yogurt Pasta Sauce .jpg
    Creamy Greek Yogurt Pasta Sauce .jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 21
Hey pasta lovers! Ever tried Greek Yogurt Pasta Sauce? 🍝 It's a game-changer! Creamy, dreamy, and oh-so-delicious. Whip it up in minutes for a meal that's both comforting and light. With garlic, Parmesan, and a hint of parsley, it's a flavor explosion! Your taste buds will thank you. 😋 #YogurtYum #EasyPeasyPasta

Ingredients:

• 8 ounces of fettuccine pasta or your preferred pasta variety
  • 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
  • 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
  • 1 cup of plain whole milk Greek yogurt, at room temperature
  • 2/3 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
  • 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, plus extra for pasta water
  • 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup of roughly chopped parsley
  • Optional: 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes

View attachment 3616

Instructions:
  1. Begin by bringing a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until it reaches al dente texture, typically about 12-14 minutes. Remember to reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining the pasta. Set the pasta aside.
  2. In the same pot, now empty, place it back on the stove. Melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for about a minute until it turns translucent. Adjust the heat if necessary to prevent the garlic from browning.
  3. While maintaining low heat, whisk in the Greek yogurt and Parmesan cheese. Continuously stir for a minute or two until the yogurt is heated through and the cheese is fully melted. Gradually add the reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, to achieve the desired consistency and smoothness of the sauce.
  4. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Give it a taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
  5. Add the drained pasta to the pot and gently toss until all the pasta is evenly coated with the creamy sauce.
  6. Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl. Top it with chopped parsley, extra Parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes if desired. Serve immediately.
Notes:
  • This recipe yields approximately 2 cups of pasta sauce, which is sufficient for serving 4 adults when mixed with cooked pasta.
  • Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
  • When reheating, gently warm the sauce in a large skillet or pan on the stovetop over low heat, stirring frequently. If the sauce thickens in the fridge, add a splash of water or vegetable broth to restore its smooth consistency.
  • It's crucial to use full-fat Greek yogurt for its thick consistency and to prevent curdling when warmed on low heat. Avoid substituting with regular yogurt.

PS: I love sharing this Greek Yogurt Pasta Sauce recipe because it's not just food, it's pure comfort in a bowl! 😊 It's my go-to for cozy nights in or when I need a quick, delicious meal that feels like a hug. Plus, it's so versatile – you can customize it with your favorite pasta and toppings! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
This creamy Greek yogurt pasta sauce recipe looks intriguing! Has anyone tried adding some fresh herbs like basil or parsley for extra flavor? Can't wait to whip this up for a quick and healthy dinner! 🍝🥒🌿

Thank you for sharing your Creamy Greek Yogurt Pasta Sauce recipe! 🍝🥄 This sauce looks like a delicious and healthy twist on traditional cream-based sauces. I love the idea of using Greek yogurt for that tangy flavor and creamy texture. Do you have any tips for preventing the yogurt from curdling or any suggestions for additional herbs or spices to enhance the flavor? Can't wait to try this out on my next pasta night! 😋✨

Back