Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Skillet

xxscj1678

Culinary Explorer
Hello, lovely people! Today, I'm thrilled to bring you a recipe that holds a special place in my culinary journey: Skillet Enchiladas. It's a dish that brings together all the flavors of classic enchiladas in a fraction of the time, perfect for those busy weeknights or lazy weekends.

Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Skillet

Ingredients:

• Boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or chicken breast)
  • Onion
  • Spices: chili powder, garlic powder, cumin
  • Green Chile Enchilada Sauce (homemade or store-bought)
  • Cream of Chicken Soup (for a creamy texture)
  • Cannellini Beans (or your preferred bean)
  • Corn Tortillas (yellow or white)
  • Cheddar Cheese (or Mexican blend)
Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchi.jpg

How to Make Skillet Enchiladas:

- Cook Chicken Thighs: Season chicken with chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Cook in a skillet with onion until chicken is cooked and onion is tender.

- Add Sauce and Beans: Reduce heat and stir in green chile enchilada sauce and cream of chicken soup. Mix until incorporated, scraping any browned bits. Add beans and cook until heated through.

- Stir in Tortillas: Cut tortillas into strips and add to the sauce. Stir to soften and soak in the sauce. Top with cheese, cover, and simmer on low heat until cheese melts.

Tips and Variations:

• Use shredded rotisserie chicken for a quicker meal.
  • Swap white beans with your favorite beans or omit them.
  • Top with taco toppings like sour cream, salsa, and green onions.
  • Best made fresh due to its quick preparation.

Give this Skillet Enchilada recipe a try and let me know what you think! It's been a staple in my kitchen for years, and I hope it brings as much joy to your table as it does to mine. Cheers to good food and happy cooking! 🌟🍽️

This creamy green chile chicken enchilada skillet is so flavorful and comforting, it’ll make every meal feel like a fiesta! 🌶️🍗🫒

Back