Creamy Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey fellow food enthusiasts!
I'm excited to share a comforting and delicious dinner recipe that's been a hit in my household lately: Creamy Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake. It's a perfect way to sneak in some extra veggies while indulging in a creamy, cheesy pasta dish. Here's how to make it:
Ingredients:
  • 12 ounces of your favorite pasta (penne, fusilli, or rigatoni work well)
  • 2 cups of mixed vegetables, chopped (such as bell peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and broccoli)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups milk (whole or 2% recommended)
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
  • Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
  2. Place the chopped vegetables on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly. Roast in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized. Remove from the oven and set aside.
  3. While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
  4. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
  5. Sprinkle the flour over the garlic and butter mixture, stirring continuously to create a roux. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the roux is golden brown.
  6. Gradually whisk in the milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
  7. Stir in the shredded mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese until melted and smooth.
  8. Add the cooked pasta and roasted vegetables to the skillet with the creamy sauce. Toss gently to combine, ensuring everything is evenly coated with the sauce.
  9. Season the pasta mixture with dried oregano, dried basil, and red pepper flakes (if using). Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
  10. Transfer the creamy pasta and vegetable mixture to a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
  11. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden and bubbly.
  12. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and enjoy!
This creamy roasted vegetable pasta bake is sure to become a family favorite. It's versatile, comforting, and perfect for a cozy dinner at home. I hope you give it a try and love it as much as we do! Let me know if you have any questions or if you decide to add your own twist to the recipe. Happy cooking! 🍝🥦🧀

Attachments

• Vegetable-Baked-Pasta-Recipe-120.jpg
    Vegetable-Baked-Pasta-Recipe-120.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 74
Sounds absolutely delicious! I can't resist the combination of tender pasta, roasted veggies, creamy sauce, and melted cheese. It's like the ultimate comfort food in one dish—perfect for a cozy night in with loved ones. Count me in for a hearty helping of this mouthwatering pasta bake! 🍝🥦🧀

Wow! Creamy Roasted Vegetable Pasta Bake was a comforting and flavorful dish that perfectly combined the rich creaminess of the sauce with the savory goodness of roasted vegetables—a definite winner for any pasta lover!

Back