Creamy White Chicken Chili with Seasoned Tots

DreamingPilgrim

Culinary Explorer
Hi guys! This recipe was so good! The tots and the hot sauce make it next level! So Just do it! No more questions! :p You will surely love it!

INGREDIENTS
White-Chicken-Chili.jpg

White Chicken Chili
  • 1 tablespoon avocado oil
  • 1 yellow onion, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • two 4-ounce cans diced green chiles
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • one 15-ounce can white beans (I usually use white chili beans or great northern beans)
  • 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken is very yummy, or you can just add cooked chicken breast)
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
Toppings
  • 1 bag frozen seasoned tator tots
  • chopped cilantro and green onion
  • hot sauce (I like a few shots of Tabasco on this)

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. Make Your Tots: Follow package directions for a bag of frozen tator tots. The soup doesn’t take too long so I usually like to do this first (they usually take 20-30 minutes).
  2. Cook the onions and garlic: Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven. Add onions and garlic; sauté until nice and fragrant, about 5-10 minutes.
  3. Add spices: Add green chiles, spices, and salt. Give it a minute to get nice and yummy.
  4. Add everything else: Add beans, chicken, broth, sour cream, cream, and cornstarch slurry. Simmer until slightly thickened.
  5. You’re Done! Top each bowl of soup with a pile of seasoned tots, some cilantro and green onion, and a shot of hot sauce if you want. Absolute delight.

Hi guys! This recipe was so good! The tots and the hot sauce make it next level! So Just do it! No more questions! :p You will surely love it!

INGREDIENTSView attachment 3177

White Chicken Chili
  • 1 tablespoon avocado oil
  • 1 yellow onion, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • two 4-ounce cans diced green chiles
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • one 15-ounce can white beans (I usually use white chili beans or great northern beans)
  • 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken is very yummy, or you can just add cooked chicken breast)
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
Toppings
  • 1 bag frozen seasoned tator tots
  • chopped cilantro and green onion
  • hot sauce (I like a few shots of Tabasco on this)

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. Make Your Tots: Follow package directions for a bag of frozen tator tots. The soup doesn’t take too long so I usually like to do this first (they usually take 20-30 minutes).
  2. Cook the onions and garlic: Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven. Add onions and garlic; sauté until nice and fragrant, about 5-10 minutes.
  3. Add spices: Add green chiles, spices, and salt. Give it a minute to get nice and yummy.
  4. Add everything else: Add beans, chicken, broth, sour cream, cream, and cornstarch slurry. Simmer until slightly thickened.
  5. You’re Done! Top each bowl of soup with a pile of seasoned tots, some cilantro and green onion, and a shot of hot sauce if you want. Absolute delight.
Creamy White Chicken Chili with Seasoned Tots sounds like the ultimate comfort food! Can't wait to try this cozy recipe, especially with the crispy tots on top. Thanks for sharing! 🍲🥔🍗

Creamy white chicken chili with seasoned tots? 🍲🍗 A comforting and satisfying meal featuring tender chicken, white beans, and flavorful spices simmered in a creamy broth, served alongside crispy seasoned tots for a delicious twist on a classic favorite - sure to warm you up from the inside out!

Creamy white chicken chili with seasoned tots? 🍲🍗 A comforting and satisfying meal featuring tender chicken, white beans, and flavorful spices simmered in a creamy broth, served alongside crispy seasoned tots for a delicious twist on a classic favorite - sure to warm you up from the inside out!
Yes it does! Try it!

Back