Crispy Baked Tofu with Garlic-Soy Glaze

byang05

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, tofu fans!

Ever since I had my wisdom tooth extracted, tofu has been my go-to comfort food. That's why I'm excited to share with you my favorite recipe: Crispy Baked Tofu with Garlic-Soy Glaze! It's a dish that's close to my heart and always hits the spot when I'm craving something flavorful and satisfying.

Ingredients:

• 1 block firm tofu, pressed and cubed
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
  • Sliced green onions, for garnish (optional)
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it with vegetable oil.
  2. In a bowl, toss the cubed tofu with cornstarch until evenly coated.
  3. Arrange the tofu cubes on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the tofu is golden brown and crispy.
  4. While the tofu is baking, prepare the garlic-soy glaze. In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, maple syrup, minced garlic, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens slightly.
  5. Once the tofu is done baking, transfer it to a bowl and pour the garlic-soy glaze over the tofu. Toss until the tofu is evenly coated with the glaze.
  6. Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, if desired.
  7. Serve the Crispy Baked Tofu with Garlic-Soy Glaze hot over cooked rice or noodles.
  8. Enjoy your delicious and crispy tofu creation!

Crispy Baked Tofu with Garlic-Soy Glaze.jpeg

Hey there, tofu fans!

Ever since I had my wisdom tooth extracted, tofu has been my go-to comfort food. That's why I'm excited to share with you my favorite recipe: Crispy Baked Tofu with Garlic-Soy Glaze! It's a dish that's close to my heart and always hits the spot when I'm craving something flavorful and satisfying.

Ingredients:

• 1 block firm tofu, pressed and cubed
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
  • Sliced green onions, for garnish (optional)
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it with vegetable oil.
  2. In a bowl, toss the cubed tofu with cornstarch until evenly coated.
  3. Arrange the tofu cubes on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the tofu is golden brown and crispy.
  4. While the tofu is baking, prepare the garlic-soy glaze. In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce, maple syrup, minced garlic, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens slightly.
  5. Once the tofu is done baking, transfer it to a bowl and pour the garlic-soy glaze over the tofu. Toss until the tofu is evenly coated with the glaze.
  6. Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, if desired.
  7. Serve the Crispy Baked Tofu with Garlic-Soy Glaze hot over cooked rice or noodles.
  8. Enjoy your delicious and crispy tofu creation!

View attachment 1680
Tried a similar tofu dish elsewhere... gonna give this recipe a shot too... thanks for sharing 👍🏼👌🏼.

Thanks for sharing your Crispy Baked Tofu with Garlic-Soy Glaze recipe! 🌟🍽️ It sounds like a flavorful and satisfying dish. The combination of crispy tofu and the savory-sweet glaze has my taste buds tingling already. Can't wait to give it a try and add a new delicious tofu recipe to my repertoire! 🥢😋

Back