Crispy Bangus Belly Sinigang Recipe

hoyeon

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodie friends! I'm thrilled to share one of my family's favorite Filipino recipes with you all. This Crispy Bangus Belly Sinigang is a delicious twist on the classic sour soup dish that's perfect for any meal of the day. It's a comforting and flavorful dish that always hits the spot! Here's what you'll need:
Crispy Bangus Belly Sinigang Recipe.jpg
Ingredients:

• 4 pieces bangus (milkfish) belly, cleaned and sliced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 2 tomatoes, sliced
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 cups fresh tamarind juice (or 2 tbsp tamarind soup base dissolved in water)
  • 2 cups spinach leaves
  • 1 radish, sliced
  • 1 eggplant, sliced
  • 2 pieces green chili peppers (siling haba)
  • Fish sauce (patis) to taste
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Cooking oil for frying
  • Crushed garlic for garnish
Instructions:

1. Start by seasoning the bangus belly slices with salt and pepper.
  2. Heat cooking oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Fry the bangus belly slices until crispy and golden brown. Once cooked, set them aside on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
  3. In a separate pot, sauté the sliced onion and tomatoes until softened.
  4. Pour in the water and tamarind juice, and bring the mixture to a boil.
  5. Add the sliced radish and eggplant to the pot and let them simmer until tender.
  6. Once the vegetables are cooked, add the crispy bangus belly slices to the pot.
  7. Season the sinigang with fish sauce according to your taste preference.
  8. Add the spinach leaves and green chili peppers to the pot and cook for another minute until the spinach wilts.
  9. Serve the Crispy Bangus Belly Sinigang hot, garnished with crushed garlic on top.
  10. Enjoy this flavorful and comforting dish with steamed rice. It's sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
I hope you all give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as we do at home. Feel free to share your own variations and tips for making the perfect Crispy Bangus Belly Sinigang. Let's celebrate Filipino cuisine together! 🍲🇵🇭

Yay!! Love the twist of adding crispy fish to the classic dish 🐟😃 Sounds like a delicious and comforting meal, perfect for sharing with family and friends. Definitely gotta try this Filipino favorite! 📝

Hey foodie friends! I'm thrilled to share one of my family's favorite Filipino recipes with you all. This Crispy Bangus Belly Sinigang is a delicious twist on the classic sour soup dish that's perfect for any meal of the day. It's a comforting and flavorful dish that always hits the spot! Here's what you'll need:
View attachment 2920
Ingredients:

• 4 pieces bangus (milkfish) belly, cleaned and sliced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 2 tomatoes, sliced
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 cups fresh tamarind juice (or 2 tbsp tamarind soup base dissolved in water)
  • 2 cups spinach leaves
  • 1 radish, sliced
  • 1 eggplant, sliced
  • 2 pieces green chili peppers (siling haba)
  • Fish sauce (patis) to taste
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Cooking oil for frying
  • Crushed garlic for garnish
Instructions:

1. Start by seasoning the bangus belly slices with salt and pepper.
  2. Heat cooking oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Fry the bangus belly slices until crispy and golden brown. Once cooked, set them aside on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
  3. In a separate pot, sauté the sliced onion and tomatoes until softened.
  4. Pour in the water and tamarind juice, and bring the mixture to a boil.
  5. Add the sliced radish and eggplant to the pot and let them simmer until tender.
  6. Once the vegetables are cooked, add the crispy bangus belly slices to the pot.
  7. Season the sinigang with fish sauce according to your taste preference.
  8. Add the spinach leaves and green chili peppers to the pot and cook for another minute until the spinach wilts.
  9. Serve the Crispy Bangus Belly Sinigang hot, garnished with crushed garlic on top.
  10. Enjoy this flavorful and comforting dish with steamed rice. It's sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
I hope you all give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as we do at home. Feel free to share your own variations and tips for making the perfect Crispy Bangus Belly Sinigang. Let's celebrate Filipino cuisine together! 🍲🇵🇭
Wow, this crispy bangus belly sinigang sounds like a delicious twist on a classic Filipino dish! Can't wait to give it a try and impress my family with something new. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Whoa, your Crispy Bangus Belly Sinigang recipe is next-level! 🐟🔥 The combo of crispy goodness with tangy sinigang flavors sounds like a taste sensation! Definitely adding this to my must-try list – thanks for sharing the yum!

Back