Crispy Lemon-Herb Chicken with Roasted Garlic Potatoes

Pudge

Novice Foodie
Hey everyone! I've been playing around in the kitchen again, trying to find that perfect balance between yummy and easy. 🤪

Introducing my latest creation: Crispy Lemon-Herb Chicken with Roasted Garlic Potatoes.

Ingredients:

Chicken:

• 4 boneless, skin-on chicken thighs
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Roasted Garlic Potatoes:

• 1.5 pounds baby potatoes, halved
  • 6 cloves garlic, left whole
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Instructions:

1. Preheat Oven: Start by preheating your oven to 400°F (200°C). This will ensure your kitchen is ready for roasting the chicken and potatoes together.
  2. Prepare Chicken: In a small bowl, combine olive oil, rosemary, thyme, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Rub this mixture all over the chicken thighs, ensuring the skin is well-coated to achieve that crispy finish.
  3. Potato Prep: In a large bowl, toss the halved baby potatoes and whole garlic cloves with olive oil, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper until everything is evenly coated.
  4. Roast Together: Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet, making space in the center for the chicken thighs. Place the seasoned chicken skin-side up among the potatoes. This arrangement allows the chicken juices to flavor the potatoes as they cook.
  5. Cooking Time: Roast in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken skin is golden and crispy and the potatoes are fork-tender. Halfway through, give the potatoes a gentle stir to ensure even roasting.
  6. Final Touch: Once cooked, let the dish rest for 5 minutes before serving. This rest period allows the juices in the chicken to redistribute, ensuring a moist bite. Optionally, squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice over the chicken before serving for an extra zing.
  7. Serve and Enjoy: Plate the crispy chicken thighs and garlic potatoes, and if desired, garnish with additional fresh herbs or lemon zest for a bright, fresh finish.

Feel free to customize the herbs based on what's available or to your preference. This dish pairs wonderfully with a simple green salad or steamed vegetables for a complete meal. Enjoy!

Hey, thanks for sharing the recipe! Just a suggestion, you might want to consider adding some chopped parsley or chives to the potatoes for an extra burst of flavor and color. 🍽️

That sounds delicious! I'd love to try making this recipe this coming holiday. Thanks for sharing. I am sure my family will love this! :love:

Back