Crispy Pata

Nutellah_

Culinary Explorer
Hey guys, Today I'm excited to share with you a classic Filipino dish that's sure to make your taste buds dance: Crispy Pata recipe. It's a dish beloved for its irresistible crunch and savory flavor, it's perfect for any occasion, from casual family dinners or gathering with friends.
551×371
402.1 kB

1711035690485.png

Ingredients:
  • 1 whole pork leg (pata), preferably hind leg, about 3-4 pounds
  • 6 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • Water for boiling
  • Cooking oil for deep frying
  • Soy sauce and vinegar (for dipping sauce)
Instructions:
  1. In a large pot, combine the pork leg, crushed garlic, bay leaves, whole peppercorns, and salt. Fill the pot with enough water to completely submerge the pork leg.
  2. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and let the pork leg simmer for about 1.5 to 2 hours or until the meat is very tender. You can use a fork to check if the meat easily falls off the bone.
  3. Once the pork leg is tender, remove it from the pot and let it drain and cool on a wire rack for about 30 minutes. This helps in drying out the skin, which is crucial for achieving crispy skin later.
  4. Heat cooking oil in a deep fryer or a large pot to about 350°F (175°C).
  5. Carefully lower the pork leg into the hot oil, skin-side down. Fry it for about 10-15 minutes or until the skin turns crispy and golden brown. Be cautious as the oil may splatter.
  6. Once the skin is crispy, carefully flip the pork leg and fry the other side for an additional 10-15 minutes or until evenly golden brown.
  7. Once done, remove the crispy pata from the oil and let it drain on a wire rack or paper towels to remove excess oil.
  8. Serve the crispy pata hot and crispy, with soy sauce and vinegar as a dipping sauce on the side.
  9. Enjoy your crispy pata with steamed rice and your favorite side dishes!

Enjoy your homemade Crispy Pata!!!

Your Crispy Pata recipe looks fantastic! Have you ever tried adding a sprinkle of freshly squeezed calamansi juice over the crispy pata just before serving? 🍋 It adds a delightful citrusy zing that complements the richness of the dish perfectly!

I have tried it with my Filipino friends, and I really like it with vinegar (bonus if with onions & garlic) to dip in, rather than soy sauce, but that's just my preference. ദ്ദി ˉ͈̀꒳ˉ͈́ )✧

I've tried this before at the restaurant and I loved it. Thanks for sharing this recipe, now I can imagine the crispiness by looking at it🤤😍

Oh my. Crispy Pata! 🍖 That sounds like the ultimate indulgence. Thanks for sharing the recipe – I'm eager to give it a try. I can already imagine the crispy, flavorful goodness waiting to be savored. Can't wait to dive into this Filipino favorite! 🇵🇭✨

Oh, what a treat! 🍖 Crispy Pata is indeed a Filipino classic that never fails to impress with its irresistible crunch and savory goodness. Whether it's a cozy family dinner or a lively gathering with friends, this dish is sure to steal the show. Thanks for sharing this mouthwatering recipe—it's bound to be a hit at any occasion!

Oh my favorite crispy pata! I have tried this on Christmas and it so good but so scary with it's cholesterol. Also, so good when you dip it in liver sauce. 🤤🤤🤤

One tip I have for achieving that perfect crispy skin is to ensure that the pata is thoroughly dried before deep-frying.

Back