Crock Pot Chicken Taco Meat

Babylyn15

Novice Foodie
Are you a lover of tacos? 🌮 Here's a simple chicken taco recipe, it's a must-try!
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Meat.jpg

Here's a simple recipe for Crock Pot Chicken Taco Meat:

Ingredients:​

• 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
  • 1 packet (about 1 ounce) of taco seasoning mix
  • 1 cup chicken broth or water
  • Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, diced onions, sliced jalapeños, chopped cilantro, salsa, guacamole, etc.
  • Taco shells or tortillas for serving

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Chicken:
    • Place the chicken breasts or thighs in the slow cooker.
    • Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over the chicken.
  2. Add Liquid:
    • Pour the chicken broth or water into the slow cooker over the seasoned chicken.
  3. Cook:
    • Cover the slow cooker with the lid.
    • Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
  4. Shred the Chicken:
    • Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and place it on a cutting board.
    • Use two forks to shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
  5. Mix with Juices:
    • Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker.
    • Stir the chicken into the cooking juices to allow it to absorb the flavors.
  6. Serve:
    • Serve the Crock Pot chicken taco meat in taco shells or tortillas.
    • Top with your favorite taco toppings such as shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, onions, jalapeños, cilantro, salsa, guacamole, etc.
  7. Enjoy:
    • Enjoy your delicious and flavorful Crock Pot chicken taco meat!
This recipe makes tender and flavorful chicken taco meat that's perfect for assembling tacos, burritos, quesadillas, or salads. It's a versatile and convenient dish that's sure to please your taste buds!

Made this crock pot chicken taco meat for dinner last night and it was a game-changer! 🌮🥳 So simple to throw together, and the flavor was out of this world. The chicken came out so tender and juicy, perfect for filling tacos or topping salads. Plus, it made dinner prep a breeze!

Oh, that sounds like a game-changer for Taco Tuesday! Y'know using the crock pot makes it so easy and convenient.. Count me in for a fiesta-worthy meal! 🌮🥳🍗 Will share here once I have tried it :)

I've prepared this recipe a lot, and the family always enjoys it. It's amazing how the chicken simmers in the slow cooker, soaking up all the flavors of the taco seasoning.

Yum, Crock Pot Chicken Taco Meat! This recipe is a game-changer for busy weeknights. Just toss everything in the crockpot and let it do its magic! I can already imagine the flavorful shredded chicken, perfect for stuffing into tacos or topping on nachos.

Back