Cuban Croque-Monsieur 🥓🥪

laplus

Tasty Apprentice
I recently recreated the Cuban Croque-Monsieur that I fell in love with when I visited Cuba. It turned out so delicious that I just have to share the recipe with you! It's the perfect mix of ham, cheese, and a touch of mustard, all sandwiched between buttery, crispy bread. Trust me, once you try it, you'll be transported back to the streets of Cuba. If you want to give it a go, here's the recipe:

Ingredients
Cuban Croque-Monsieur.jpg

• 4 slices of bread (preferably French bread or sourdough)
  • 4 tablespoons of butter, divided
  • 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 cup of shredded Gruyere cheese, divided
  • 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, divided
  • 1 teaspoon of paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 8 slices of ham
  • 8 slices of roast pork (optional)
  • Pickle slices

Instructions

1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Whisk in the flour to make a roux and cook for 30 seconds.
  2. Slowly stream in the milk while whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add half of the
  3. shredded Gruyere cheese. Continue whisking until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
  4. Stir in 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper to taste. Keep the cheese sauce warm on the stove's lowest heat setting.
  5. Preheat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Spread the remaining Dijon mustard evenly on 4 slices of bread.
  6. Top each slice of bread with ham, roast pork (if using), pickle slices, and half of the remaining shredded Gruyere cheese. Place the remaining bread slices on top to form sandwiches.
  7. Melt half of the remaining butter in the skillet, ensuring the bottom of the pan is evenly coated. Add the sandwiches and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom.
  8. Add the remaining butter to the skillet and carefully flip the sandwiches. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
  9. While the sandwiches are cooking, preheat your broiler on high.
  10. Once the bottoms of the sandwiches are golden brown, evenly spoon the warm cheese sauce over each sandwich.
  11. Place the skillet under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese sauce is browned and bubbly.
  12. Serve your croque-monsieur sandwiches immediately and enjoy the cheesy goodness!
This recipe makes 4 delicious croque-monsieur sandwiches, perfect for a satisfying lunch or dinner. Enjoy your taste of Cuba! Let me know how it turns out for you!

What a delightful taste of Cuba you've recreated! 🇨🥪 The Cuban Croque-Monsieur sounds absolutely delicious with its combination of ham, cheese, mustard, and crispy bread. Thanks for sharing your recipe—I can't wait to try it and experience a slice of Cuban culinary delight! 😋🌟

What a delightful taste of Cuba you've recreated! 🇨🥪 The Cuban Croque-Monsieur sounds absolutely delicious with its combination of ham, cheese, mustard, and crispy bread. Thanks for sharing your recipe—I can't wait to try it and experience a slice of Cuban culinary delight! 😋🌟
I'm thrilled to hear that you're excited to try this recipe….. It's truly a delicious blend of flavors that never fails to impress. I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe and get to experience a taste of Cuban cuisine in your own kitchen! ⸜(。˃ ᵕ ˂ )⸝🥪

I recently recreated the Cuban Croque-Monsieur that I fell in love with when I visited Cuba. It turned out so delicious that I just have to share the recipe with you! It's the perfect mix of ham, cheese, and a touch of mustard, all sandwiched between buttery, crispy bread. Trust me, once you try it, you'll be transported back to the streets of Cuba. If you want to give it a go, here's the recipe:

IngredientsView attachment 1231

• 4 slices of bread (preferably French bread or sourdough)
  • 4 tablespoons of butter, divided
  • 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 cup of shredded Gruyere cheese, divided
  • 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, divided
  • 1 teaspoon of paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 8 slices of ham
  • 8 slices of roast pork (optional)
  • Pickle slices

Instructions
  1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Whisk in the flour to make a roux and cook for 30 seconds.
  2. Slowly stream in the milk while whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add half of the
  3. shredded Gruyere cheese. Continue whisking until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
  4. Stir in 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper to taste. Keep the cheese sauce warm on the stove's lowest heat setting.
  5. Preheat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Spread the remaining Dijon mustard evenly on 4 slices of bread.
  6. Top each slice of bread with ham, roast pork (if using), pickle slices, and half of the remaining shredded Gruyere cheese. Place the remaining bread slices on top to form sandwiches.
  7. Melt half of the remaining butter in the skillet, ensuring the bottom of the pan is evenly coated. Add the sandwiches and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom.
  8. Add the remaining butter to the skillet and carefully flip the sandwiches. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
  9. While the sandwiches are cooking, preheat your broiler on high.
  10. Once the bottoms of the sandwiches are golden brown, evenly spoon the warm cheese sauce over each sandwich.
  11. Place the skillet under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese sauce is browned and bubbly.
  12. Serve your croque-monsieur sandwiches immediately and enjoy the cheesy goodness!
This recipe makes 4 delicious croque-monsieur sandwiches, perfect for a satisfying lunch or dinner. Enjoy your taste of Cuba! Let me know how it turns out for you!

Wow, your Cuban Croque-Monsieur recipe sounds like a mouthwatering fusion of flavors! And who can resist that gooey, melted Gruyere cheese? I can already imagine the crispy exterior and the savory goodness inside. Thanks for sharing this taste of Cuba with us! 🤩

Back