Cuscuz de Tapioca

Twilight

Novice Foodie
I've been fortunate to enjoy a variety of delicious desserts that reflect our rich culinary heritage. Today, I'm excited to share with you a recipe for "Cuscuz de Tapioca", a traditional Angolan dessert that's both comforting and satisfying. 🇦🇴🍮

Cuscuz de Tapioca.jpg

Ingredients:

• 2 cups tapioca pearls
  • 4 cups coconut milk
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • Pinch of salt
  • Grated coconut (optional, for garnish)
  • Cinnamon powder (optional, for garnish)
Procedure:

1. Rinse the tapioca pearls under cold water and drain them well.
  2. In a large saucepan, combine the coconut milk, sugar, cinnamon stick, and a pinch of salt. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar is completely dissolved.
  3. Gradually add the tapioca pearls to the simmering coconut milk, stirring constantly to prevent clumping.
  4. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook the tapioca pearls, stirring occasionally, until they are translucent and soft, about 20-25 minutes. The mixture should thicken to a pudding-like consistency.
  5. Once the tapioca pearls are cooked through, remove the saucepan from the heat and discard the cinnamon stick.
  6. Transfer the Cuscuz de Tapioca to individual serving bowls or a large serving dish.
  7. Allow the dessert to cool to room temperature before refrigerating it for at least 1-2 hours to chill and set.
  8. Serve the chilled Cuscuz de Tapioca garnished with grated coconut and a sprinkle of cinnamon powder if desired.
This creamy and comforting dessert is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth while experiencing a taste of Angolan culinary traditions. Enjoy! 🇦🇴🍮

I've heard of tapioca pudding, but cuscuz de tapioca sounds like a whole new level of deliciousness! 😋 Excited to give it a try!

This recipe looks super intriguing! I've never tried Cuscuz de Tapioca before, but it seems like a cozy and comforting treat. I appreciate how straightforward the ingredients are, making it easy for anyone to give it a shot.

I've been fortunate to enjoy a variety of delicious desserts that reflect our rich culinary heritage. Today, I'm excited to share with you a recipe for "Cuscuz de Tapioca", a traditional Angolan dessert that's both comforting and satisfying. 🇦🇴🍮

View attachment 1667

Ingredients:

• 2 cups tapioca pearls
  • 4 cups coconut milk
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • Pinch of salt
  • Grated coconut (optional, for garnish)
  • Cinnamon powder (optional, for garnish)
Procedure:

1. Rinse the tapioca pearls under cold water and drain them well.
  2. In a large saucepan, combine the coconut milk, sugar, cinnamon stick, and a pinch of salt. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar is completely dissolved.
  3. Gradually add the tapioca pearls to the simmering coconut milk, stirring constantly to prevent clumping.
  4. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook the tapioca pearls, stirring occasionally, until they are translucent and soft, about 20-25 minutes. The mixture should thicken to a pudding-like consistency.
  5. Once the tapioca pearls are cooked through, remove the saucepan from the heat and discard the cinnamon stick.
  6. Transfer the Cuscuz de Tapioca to individual serving bowls or a large serving dish.
  7. Allow the dessert to cool to room temperature before refrigerating it for at least 1-2 hours to chill and set.
  8. Serve the chilled Cuscuz de Tapioca garnished with grated coconut and a sprinkle of cinnamon powder if desired.
This creamy and comforting dessert is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth while experiencing a taste of Angolan culinary traditions. Enjoy! 🇦🇴🍮
It sounds like a unique and delicious Brazilian treat, perfect for enjoying the flavors of tapioca in a sweet and satisfying dessert. Can't wait to make this delightful cuscuz for a tasty and exotic dessert experience. 🍮🥥 Thanks for sharing the Cuscuz de Tapioca recipe!

Back