Deviled Egg Easter Peeps

matchaberry

Culinary Explorer
Celebrate the joy of Easter with a whimsical twist on a classic favorite – introducing our Deviled Egg Easter Peeps! Delightfully adorable and irresistibly tasty, these charming treats are sure to enchant both kids and adults alike. Nestled within each egg white shell lies a creamy and flavorful filling, tinted with vibrant yellow hues reminiscent of springtime sunshine. With their playful faces, complete with olive eyes and carrot beaks, these little chicks are as fun to make as they are to eat. Whether you're hosting an Easter brunch or simply looking for a festive appetizer, our Deviled Egg Easter Peeps are guaranteed to add a touch of whimsy and cheer to your celebration. So, gather your ingredients and let's hop into the kitchen to create these delightful Easter treats!

Ingredients:
Deviled Egg Easter Peeps.jpg

• 6 hard-boiled eggs
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Yellow food coloring
  • Black olives or black food coloring pen (for eyes)
  • Carrot (for beaks)
  • Fresh parsley or chives (for garnish, optional)
Instructions:

1. Hard-boil the eggs: Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover them with cold water. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let the eggs simmer for 10-12 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water and let them cool completely before peeling.
  2. Once the eggs are cooled and peeled, slice them in half lengthwise. Carefully remove the yolks and place them in a bowl. Set the egg white halves aside.
  3. Mash the egg yolks with a fork until they are finely crumbled.
  4. Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to the mashed yolks. Mix until well combined and smooth.
  5. Add yellow food coloring to the yolk mixture, a few drops at a time, until the desired shade of yellow is achieved. Mix well.
  6. Spoon or pipe the yellow yolk mixture back into the egg white halves, filling them evenly.
  7. Slice the carrot into small triangles to create beaks for the chicks.
  8. Cut small circles from black olives or use a black food coloring pen to create eyes for the chicks. Press them gently into the egg yolks.
  9. Place a carrot beak at the bottom center of each egg yolk to complete the chick's face.
  10. Optional: Garnish the Deviled Egg Easter Peeps with fresh parsley or chives to resemble grass.
  11. Chill the Deviled Egg Easter Peeps in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
  12. Serve and enjoy these adorable and delicious Easter treats!

Oh my goodness, these Deviled Egg Easter Peeps are the cutest Easter treat I've ever seen! I love how you've transformed classic deviled eggs into adorable little chicks – they're almost too cute to eat! The addition of the carrot beaks and olive eyes is such a clever touch, and I can just imagine how deliciously creamy and flavorful the filling must be. I'll definitely be making these for our Easter brunch – I know they'll be a hit with both kids and adults alike!

Perfect time for the Easter! I'll definitely be able to do these cuties as the ingredients are easily available and your recipe is very easy to follow. Thanks!

Back