Do you fill thumbprint cookies before or after baking?

legendleejieun

Culinary Explorer
Hello baking enthusiasts! 🍪👩‍🍳 Curious about the ideal moment to add filling to those delicious thumbprint cookies? 🤔 Let's exchange advice! 🗣️ Share your baking expertise on whether to fill them before or after baking. 🌟 Let's work together to unveil the secret to achieving flawlessly filled thumbprint cookies! 🌈✨

Hello baking enthusiasts! 🍪👩‍🍳 Curious about the ideal moment to add filling to those delicious thumbprint cookies? 🤔 Let's exchange advice! 🗣️ Share your baking expertise on whether to fill them before or after baking. 🌟 Let's work together to unveil the secret to achieving flawlessly filled thumbprint cookies! 🌈✨
Thumbprint cookies can be filled before or after baking, depending on the desired texture. Soft fillings like jam are best before baking. Firmer fillings like caramel are added after baking. Experiment to find your perfect recipe! 🍪👩‍🍳

Ah, the age-old thumbprint cookie debate! 🍪😅 Personally, I like to fill mine after baking to ensure the filling stays nice and gooey. But some folks swear by filling them before baking for a slightly different texture. It all comes down to personal preference! Why not try both ways and see which one you prefer? Happy baking! 🎉👩‍🍳

You typically fill thumbprint cookies after baking them, allowing them to cool slightly before adding the filling.

In my experience, filling them before baking yields more consistent results. Though, post-baking filling has its fans too! 😄

I prefer to fill my thumbprint cookies before baking. This method allows the filling to meld with the cookie dough as it bakes, resulting in a deliciously cohesive treat. It also saves time and ensures that the filling stays put, creating a beautiful presentation. It's my go-to technique for perfect thumbprint cookies every time! 🍪💕

For thumbprint cookies, fill them after baking! Press the indentations before baking, then add your filling once they're out of the oven. It keeps the filling fresh and preserves the cookie's texture! 🍪👍

Back