Do you peel eggplant before roasting?

Ui Ui

Culinary Explorer
I think that I will grill some eggplants soon, but I don’t know should I peel them before grilling. Is it peeled before roasting is it normally done like that or peeled and the skin left on the chicken. I have interest on how the texture and taste of the food item is altered. Anything that you would recommend or your personal preference is very much appreciated! 🍆🔥

Usually, I keep the skin on for roasting—it adds a nice texture and helps hold everything together 🍆🔥. But if you prefer a milder flavor or softer texture, peeling works too.

I've experimented with both methods, and honestly, it depends on the size and type of eggplant. If smaller eggplants with thinner skin I usually leave the skin on. It adds a nice texture and flavor, If larger eggplants with thicker skin, I usually peel the skin, especially if you don't like the texture. 😋👌😉🥰

Usually, I keep the skin on for roasting—it adds a nice texture and helps hold everything together 🍆🔥. But if you prefer a milder flavor or softer texture, peeling works too.
Totally agree, keeping the skin on adds great texture and flavor... thanks for the tip! 🔥

I've experimented with both methods, and honestly, it depends on the size and type of eggplant. If smaller eggplants with thinner skin I usually leave the skin on. It adds a nice texture and flavor, If larger eggplants with thicker skin, I usually peel the skin, especially if you don't like the texture. 😋👌😉🥰
Totally get it! 😋 I love the texture of skin on smaller eggplants, but peeling big ones makes them so much smoother. Thanks for the tip! 🥰

It’s up to you! You can roast eggplant with the skin on for extra texture and nutrients, or peel it if you prefer a softer, more tender bite. Either way, it’ll be delicious! 🍆😊

Back