Drunken Noodles Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 👋

I wanted to share one of my absolute favorite Thai recipes with you all - Drunken Noodles (Pad Kee Mao). It’s super flavorful, has a great kick, and is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. Here’s how you can make it at home:

Ingredients:

• 8 oz wide rice noodles
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 lb chicken breast or shrimp, thinly sliced (you can also use tofu for a vegetarian option)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2-3 Thai bird’s eye chilies, chopped (adjust to your heat preference)
  • 1 bell pepper, sliced (any color you like)
  • 1 cup broccoli florets
  • 1 cup fresh basil leaves (Thai basil is best, but regular basil works too)
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1 tbsp fish sauce
  • 1 tbsp dark soy sauce (for color)
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 lime, cut into wedges
  • Optional: a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
Instructions:

1. Prepare the Noodles:Cook the rice noodles according to package instructions until just tender. Drain and set aside.
  2. Make the Sauce:In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, dark soy sauce, and sugar. Set aside.
  3. Cook the Protein:Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken or shrimp and cook until fully cooked (about 4-5 minutes). Remove and set aside.
  4. Stir-Fry the Veggies:In the same pan, add a bit more oil if needed. Toss in the minced garlic and chopped chilies, stir-frying for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the bell pepper and broccoli, cooking for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
  5. Combine Everything:Add the cooked noodles and protein back to the pan. Pour in the sauce and toss everything together until well-coated and heated through. Throw in the basil leaves and cherry tomatoes (if using), stirring for another minute.
  6. Serve:Serve the Drunken Noodles hot with lime wedges on the side for a fresh squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy!
    Drunken Noodles Recipe.jpg
Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you try it out and how it turns out. Happy cooking! 🍜✨

Yum, this Drunken Noodles recipe looks absolutely delicious! 🍜😋 Love the flavors and the tips you've shared. Definitely adding this to my must-try list for dinner this week. Thanks for sharing your tasty creation!

OMG, this Drunken Noodles (Pad Kee Mao) recipe looks so bomb! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing! 😋🍜

Hey everyone! 👋

I wanted to share one of my absolute favorite Thai recipes with you all - Drunken Noodles (Pad Kee Mao). It’s super flavorful, has a great kick, and is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. Here’s how you can make it at home:

Ingredients:

• 8 oz wide rice noodles
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 lb chicken breast or shrimp, thinly sliced (you can also use tofu for a vegetarian option)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2-3 Thai bird’s eye chilies, chopped (adjust to your heat preference)
  • 1 bell pepper, sliced (any color you like)
  • 1 cup broccoli florets
  • 1 cup fresh basil leaves (Thai basil is best, but regular basil works too)
  • 3 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1 tbsp fish sauce
  • 1 tbsp dark soy sauce (for color)
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 lime, cut into wedges
  • Optional: a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
Instructions:

1. Prepare the Noodles:Cook the rice noodles according to package instructions until just tender. Drain and set aside.
  2. Make the Sauce:In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, dark soy sauce, and sugar. Set aside.
  3. Cook the Protein:Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken or shrimp and cook until fully cooked (about 4-5 minutes). Remove and set aside.
  4. Stir-Fry the Veggies:In the same pan, add a bit more oil if needed. Toss in the minced garlic and chopped chilies, stir-frying for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the bell pepper and broccoli, cooking for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
  5. Combine Everything:Add the cooked noodles and protein back to the pan. Pour in the sauce and toss everything together until well-coated and heated through. Throw in the basil leaves and cherry tomatoes (if using), stirring for another minute.
  6. Serve:Serve the Drunken Noodles hot with lime wedges on the side for a fresh squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy!View attachment 4799
Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you try it out and how it turns out. Happy cooking! 🍜✨
These noodles are the perfect late-night treat! 🍜

Back