Easy Aebleskiver Recipe

Kuromi_X.O

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! Years ago, a friend returned from visiting her family in Denmark and brought back her cherished family recipe for aebleskiver. I've been making these delightful Danish pancake balls ever since, and they never fail to impress. They're fun to make and even more fun to eat, so I thought I'd share this special recipe with you all!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs, separated
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 4 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Optional: powdered sugar, jam, or fruit for serving
Instructions:
Easy Aebleskiver Recipe.jpg

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
  2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks, then add the buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla extract, mixing until well combined.
  3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. The batter will be slightly lumpy, which is okay.
  4. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter, being careful not to overmix.
  5. Heat an aebleskiver pan over medium heat and lightly grease each well with butter or oil.
  6. Fill each well about halfway with batter. Cook until the edges begin to set and bubbles form on the surface, then use a skewer or fork to turn each aebleskiver over to cook the other side. They should be golden brown and cooked through.
  7. Remove the aebleskiver from the pan and keep warm while you cook the remaining batter.
  8. Serve the aebleskiver warm, dusted with powdered sugar and accompanied by jam or fruit, if desired.

I hope you all enjoy making these delicious aebleskiver as much as I do! They're perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a cozy snack.

Hey everyone! Years ago, a friend returned from visiting her family in Denmark and brought back her cherished family recipe for aebleskiver. I've been making these delightful Danish pancake balls ever since, and they never fail to impress. They're fun to make and even more fun to eat, so I thought I'd share this special recipe with you all!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs, separated
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 4 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Optional: powdered sugar, jam, or fruit for serving
Instructions:View attachment 3216
  1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
  2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks, then add the buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla extract, mixing until well combined.
  3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. The batter will be slightly lumpy, which is okay.
  4. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter, being careful not to overmix.
  5. Heat an aebleskiver pan over medium heat and lightly grease each well with butter or oil.
  6. Fill each well about halfway with batter. Cook until the edges begin to set and bubbles form on the surface, then use a skewer or fork to turn each aebleskiver over to cook the other side. They should be golden brown and cooked through.
  7. Remove the aebleskiver from the pan and keep warm while you cook the remaining batter.
  8. Serve the aebleskiver warm, dusted with powdered sugar and accompanied by jam or fruit, if desired.

I hope you all enjoy making these delicious aebleskiver as much as I do! They're perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a cozy snack.
Aebleskiver! These look so delicious and fun to make. Perfect for a weekend brunch treat. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 🥞😊

Your Easy Aebleskiver Recipe looks fantastic! 🥞🍓 I've always wanted to try making these delightful Danish pancakes at home. Your step-by-step instructions make it seem so achievable. Can't wait to whip up a batch for breakfast! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us!

Back