Easy Chinese Lamb Noodle Soup

Klaire_Desteen

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I recently made Chinese lamb noodle soup at home for the first time, and it was a hit! I'm sharing this easy and tasty recipe with you all.

Chinese Lamb Noodle Soup.jpg
Ingredients:

• 1 pound lamb meat (shoulder or leg), thinly sliced
  • 8 cups water or beef broth
  • 2-inch piece of ginger, sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 green onions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
  • 2 star anise
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • 2 teaspoons Sichuan peppercorns
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • Salt to taste
  • 8 ounces fresh or dried noodles (such as wheat noodles or rice noodles)
  • Optional: chopped cilantro, sliced chili peppers, and sesame oil for garnish
Instructions:
  1. In a large pot, bring the water or beef broth to a boil.
  2. Add the sliced lamb to the boiling liquid and cook for 2-3 minutes, skimming off any foam.
  3. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the ginger, garlic, white parts of the green onions, star anise, cinnamon sticks, and Sichuan peppercorns.
  4. Stir in the soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, and sugar. Cover and simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours, or until the lamb is tender.
  5. While the soup is simmering, cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
  6. Once the lamb is tender, season the soup with salt to taste.
  7. To serve, divide the cooked noodles among serving bowls. Ladle the hot soup over the noodles and lamb.
  8. Garnish with the green parts of the green onions, chopped cilantro, sliced chili peppers, and a drizzle of sesame oil if desired.
I enjoyed making this Chinese lamb noodle soup, and it was easy! If you're looking for a flavorful and comforting meal to try, give this recipe a shot. I'd love to hear how it turns out for you! 🍜

Hey everyone! I recently made Chinese lamb noodle soup at home for the first time, and it was a hit! I'm sharing this easy and tasty recipe with you all.

View attachment 1978Ingredients:
  • 1 pound lamb meat (shoulder or leg), thinly sliced
  • 8 cups water or beef broth
  • 2-inch piece of ginger, sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 green onions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
  • 2 star anise
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • 2 teaspoons Sichuan peppercorns
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • Salt to taste
  • 8 ounces fresh or dried noodles (such as wheat noodles or rice noodles)
  • Optional: chopped cilantro, sliced chili peppers, and sesame oil for garnish
Instructions:
  1. In a large pot, bring the water or beef broth to a boil.
  2. Add the sliced lamb to the boiling liquid and cook for 2-3 minutes, skimming off any foam.
  3. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the ginger, garlic, white parts of the green onions, star anise, cinnamon sticks, and Sichuan peppercorns.
  4. Stir in the soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, and sugar. Cover and simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours, or until the lamb is tender.
  5. While the soup is simmering, cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
  6. Once the lamb is tender, season the soup with salt to taste.
  7. To serve, divide the cooked noodles among serving bowls. Ladle the hot soup over the noodles and lamb.
  8. Garnish with the green parts of the green onions, chopped cilantro, sliced chili peppers, and a drizzle of sesame oil if desired.
I enjoyed making this Chinese lamb noodle soup, and it was easy! If you're looking for a flavorful and comforting meal to try, give this recipe a shot. I'd love to hear how it turns out for you! 🍜
Thanks for sharing the Chinese lamb noodle soup recipe! Can't wait to try it out and impress my friends with my cooking skills. 🍲

Back