Easy Duck Fat Fries Recipe

Prel

Culinary Explorer
Duck Fat Fries Recipe.jpg

I love fries, and when I tried duck fat fries, it was like a yummy surprise! They're super tasty and crispy, and now I always want more!

Duck Fat Fries Recipe

Ingredients

2 pounds russet, Idaho, or Maris Piper potatoes
2 cups duck fat
Sea salt, or kosher salt, to taste

Steps to Make It

• Gather the ingredients.

• Peel the potatoes. Cut generous 1/2-inch slices, then cut again into fries the same width. Place the cut potatoes into a colander and rinse under cold running water until the water runs clear.

• Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the fries, and cook for 4 minutes. Drain, then spread them onto either a clean kitchen towel or paper. Pat to dry thoroughly and leave to cool completely.

• In a large pot, melt the duck fat and heat to 375 F. If you don’t have a thermometer, the fat is hot enough when you drop in one fry and it sizzles and floats to the surface.

• While the fat heats up, line a large roasting tin with paper towels and have a slotted spoon on hand.

• Put only enough fries into the hot oil to form a single layer. Once they are in, turn the heat up slightly to maintain 375 F as the temperature will drop slightly. Let the fries sizzle and rise back the surface, then cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring from time to time, until they are starting to brown. Scoop them up with the slotted spoon and lay onto the paper towels to drain.

• Wait for the temperature of the fat to rise again and add another layer and repeat. Continue until you have partially cooked all the fries. At this point, you can keep the fries to finish off when ready to serve by covering with a tea towel and popping the tray into the refrigerator.

• Once you are ready to serve, reheat the fat as before and prepare another dish with a kitchen towel. This time, you can add more fries than before, but not so many that the pan is crowded. The fries will crisp up and turn golden within minutes, so keep an eye on them. As soon as they look like they are going from golden to dark, whip them out and drain on paper towels. Keep warm in the oven until you have cooked the rest.

• Serve immediately sprinkled with a little salt. Enjoy.

Try making duck fat fries yourself, they're so fun and yummy, you'll want to eat them every day!

View attachment 1354

I love fries, and when I tried duck fat fries, it was like a yummy surprise! They're super tasty and crispy, and now I always want more!

Duck Fat Fries Recipe

Ingredients

2 pounds russet, Idaho, or Maris Piper potatoes
2 cups duck fat
Sea salt, or kosher salt, to taste

Steps to Make It

• Gather the ingredients.

• Peel the potatoes. Cut generous 1/2-inch slices, then cut again into fries the same width. Place the cut potatoes into a colander and rinse under cold running water until the water runs clear.

• Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the fries, and cook for 4 minutes. Drain, then spread them onto either a clean kitchen towel or paper. Pat to dry thoroughly and leave to cool completely.

• In a large pot, melt the duck fat and heat to 375 F. If you don’t have a thermometer, the fat is hot enough when you drop in one fry and it sizzles and floats to the surface.

• While the fat heats up, line a large roasting tin with paper towels and have a slotted spoon on hand.

• Put only enough fries into the hot oil to form a single layer. Once they are in, turn the heat up slightly to maintain 375 F as the temperature will drop slightly. Let the fries sizzle and rise back the surface, then cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring from time to time, until they are starting to brown. Scoop them up with the slotted spoon and lay onto the paper towels to drain.

• Wait for the temperature of the fat to rise again and add another layer and repeat. Continue until you have partially cooked all the fries. At this point, you can keep the fries to finish off when ready to serve by covering with a tea towel and popping the tray into the refrigerator.

• Once you are ready to serve, reheat the fat as before and prepare another dish with a kitchen towel. This time, you can add more fries than before, but not so many that the pan is crowded. The fries will crisp up and turn golden within minutes, so keep an eye on them. As soon as they look like they are going from golden to dark, whip them out and drain on paper towels. Keep warm in the oven until you have cooked the rest.

• Serve immediately sprinkled with a little salt. Enjoy.

Try making duck fat fries yourself, they're so fun and yummy, you'll want to eat them every day!
Oh, I love duck fat fries! 🦆🍟 I think the key to making them extra crispy is to soak the cut potatoes in cold water for about 30 minutes before frying. Though, don't forget to pat them dry thoroughly to avoid splattering when they hit the hot oil. Enjoy the crispy goodness! 😋

Duck fat fries? Wow, that sounds amazing! I can't believe I haven't tried them before 😅

Thanks for sharing this recipe, I'm definitely going to give it a go and maybe resist the urge to eat them every day 🤭 Is there a dipping sauce you recommend?

Wow, this recipe sounds like a delicious indulgence! 🍟 Can't wait to try making them at home and elevate my fry game!

Easy Duck Fat Fries Recipe sounds absolutely indulgent! 🍟🦆 Combining the rich flavor of duck fat with crispy, golden fries, it's sure to be a delicious treat. Thanks for sharing this recipe—I can't wait to try making these savory fries at home! 😋🌟

Oh, I love duck fat fries! 🦆🍟 I think the key to making them extra crispy is to soak the cut potatoes in cold water for about 30 minutes before frying. Though, don't forget to pat them dry thoroughly to avoid splattering when they hit the hot oil. Enjoy the crispy goodness! 😋
whoa, thanks for the extra info. I will keep this in mind I try this dish

Back