Easy Vanilla Cinnamon Leftover Rice Pudding Recipe 🍚

Marich

Flavorful Connoisseur
Do you often find yourself with leftover rice after meals? If so, I have a recipe for you - Rice Pudding! Our family has always had leftover rice that we don't want to go to waste, and this recipe is a great solution. It's easy to make with just five ingredients and I love to add vanilla and cinnamon for a cozy night treat. 🍚🀩

Easy Vanilla Cinnamon Rice Pudding Recipe.jpeg

Ingredients:
  • 4 1/2 cups whole milk
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cinnamon stick (3 or 4 inches long)
  • 1 cup Arborio rice or Boomba rice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup golden raisins (optional)
Garnish:
  • Ground cinnamon or grated cinnamon stick

Instructions:
  1. In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan (at least 3 quarts), combine whole milk, water, sugar, cinnamon stick, and rice. Stir well to combine.
  2. Bring the mixture to an intense simmer over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Once it reaches a simmer, reduce the heat to maintain a steady simmer.
  3. Continue cooking and stirring often until the rice is tender, about 35 to 45 minutes. The mixture will have the consistency of thin oatmeal, with some liquid remaining. It will thicken as it cools.
  4. Remove the saucepan from heat and discard the cinnamon stick. Stir in the vanilla extract and golden raisins, if using.
  5. Spoon the rice pudding into individual ramekins or small containers, or transfer it to a large serving dish. Let it cool slightly before serving, or refrigerate it until ready to serve, for up to 1 day in advance.
  6. Just before serving, sprinkle ground cinnamon or freshly grated cinnamon stick on top of the pudding for garnish.
  7. Enjoy warm or cooled, savoring the comforting flavors of vanilla and cinnamon in this delicious rice pudding.

This recipe is perfect for using up leftover rice and creates a cozy dessert that's sure to be a hit with your family.πŸ˜ƒ

Tried this recipe with some leftover rice I had and it turned out amazing! The combination of vanilla and cinnamon is just perfect. Plus, it's such a simple and quick dessert to whip up.

Do you often find yourself with leftover rice after meals? If so, I have a recipe for you - Rice Pudding! Our family has always had leftover rice that we don't want to go to waste, and this recipe is a great solution. It's easy to make with just five ingredients and I love to add vanilla and cinnamon for a cozy night treat. 🍚🀩

View attachment 1169
Ingredients:
  • 4 1/2 cups whole milk
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cinnamon stick (3 or 4 inches long)
  • 1 cup Arborio rice or Boomba rice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup golden raisins (optional)
Garnish:
  • Ground cinnamon or grated cinnamon stick

Instructions:
  1. In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan (at least 3 quarts), combine whole milk, water, sugar, cinnamon stick, and rice. Stir well to combine.
  2. Bring the mixture to an intense simmer over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Once it reaches a simmer, reduce the heat to maintain a steady simmer.
  3. Continue cooking and stirring often until the rice is tender, about 35 to 45 minutes. The mixture will have the consistency of thin oatmeal, with some liquid remaining. It will thicken as it cools.
  4. Remove the saucepan from heat and discard the cinnamon stick. Stir in the vanilla extract and golden raisins, if using.
  5. Spoon the rice pudding into individual ramekins or small containers, or transfer it to a large serving dish. Let it cool slightly before serving, or refrigerate it until ready to serve, for up to 1 day in advance.
  6. Just before serving, sprinkle ground cinnamon or freshly grated cinnamon stick on top of the pudding for garnish.
  7. Enjoy warm or cooled, savoring the comforting flavors of vanilla and cinnamon in this delicious rice pudding.

This recipe is perfect for using up leftover rice and creates a cozy dessert that's sure to be a hit with your family.πŸ˜ƒ
Very creative huh. Must try this!:love:

Tried this recipe with some leftover rice I had and it turned out amazing! The combination of vanilla and cinnamon is just perfect. Plus, it's such a simple and quick dessert to whip up.

That's awesome to hear! Glad you enjoyed it. The vanilla and cinnamon combo really does wonders, doesn't it? And you're right, it's such a breeze to make. Perfect for satisfying those dessert cravings in no time!

Back