Ebi Tempura - Shrimp Tempura

AL_

Tasty Apprentice
Savor the light and crispy Ebi Tempura, a classic Japanese dish featuring shrimp coated in a delicate tempura batter and fried to perfection.

🍤 **Ingredients**:
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (leave the tails on)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (for dredging)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Lemon wedges (optional, for serving)
- Tempura dipping sauce (optional, for serving)

**Tempura Batter**:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ice-cold water

Ebi Tempura.jpg

🍳 **Instructions**:
1. **Prepare the Shrimp**:
- Make shallow slits on the underside of the shrimp to prevent curling while frying.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels.

2. **Make the Tempura Batter**:
- In a bowl, lightly beat the egg.
- Add the ice-cold water to the egg and mix gently.
- Add the flour to the egg mixture and stir lightly with chopsticks or a fork. Do not overmix; it's okay if the batter is slightly lumpy.

3. **Heat the Oil**:
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan or fryer to 350°F (175°C).

4. **Dredge and Fry the Shrimp**:
- Lightly dredge the shrimp in flour, shaking off the excess.
- Dip each shrimp into the tempura batter, ensuring they are fully coated.
- Fry the shrimp in batches, being careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- Cook until golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the shrimp and drain on paper towels.

5. **Serve**:
- Serve the Ebi Tempura hot with lemon wedges and tempura dipping sauce on the side.

Enjoy the crispy and delicious Ebi Tempura as a delightful appetizer or main course!

OMG, your Ebi Tempura recipe looks mouthwatering! 🍤 So crispy and delish! Thanks for sharing the details, can't wait to try it out! 🙌 What's your fave dipping sauce to go with it?

Ebi Tempura looks absolutely crispy and amazing! 🍤✨ I’m loving the perfect golden coating—definitely craving some right now. 😋🙌 Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Ebi tempura is such a classic! 🍤 That crispy, light batter with the tender shrimp inside—so good. I like dipping mine in a little soy sauce with grated daikon. Perfect with sushi night! 😍

Back