Elote Recipe

bhella

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodies!

I’ve been experimenting with some new recipes lately, and I just had to share this one for Elote (Mexican Street Corn). It’s perfect for a summer BBQ or a quick and tasty snack. If you haven’t tried it yet, you’re in for a treat. Here’s how I make mine:

Ingredients:

• 4 ears of corn, husked
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup sour cream or Mexican crema
  • 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled (you can substitute feta if you can’t find cotija)
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 lime, cut into wedges
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:

1. Grill the Corn: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Grill the corn for about 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until the kernels are tender and slightly charred.
  2. Prepare the Spread: While the corn is grilling, mix together the mayonnaise and sour cream in a bowl.
  3. Coat the Corn: Once the corn is done, remove it from the grill and immediately brush it with the mayo-sour cream mixture, making sure to coat it evenly.
  4. Add the Toppings: Sprinkle the crumbled cotija cheese all over the corn, followed by a dusting of chili powder.
  5. Finish with Cilantro and Lime: Garnish with fresh cilantro and squeeze lime juice over the top. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Tips:

• If you don’t have a grill, you can roast the corn in the oven at 400°F for about 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
  • You can also add a pinch of smoked paprika for an extra kick.
  • Serve it hot and enjoy the messy, delicious goodness!
I think this dish is a crowd-pleaser and always disappears fast at my gatherings. What about you guys? Do you have any twists on elote or favorite toppings you like to add? Let’s hear your ideas!
elote recipe.jpg

Happy cooking! 🌽🔥😊

OMG, elote is life! 🌽😋 Can't wait to whip up this recipe and indulge in that cheesy, spicy goodness! Thanks for sharing the yum!

Back