Feijoada

Twilight

Novice Foodie
I adore this Brazilian recipe a lot. At family get-togethers, especially during the holidays, there was always a hint of feijoada when I was a child. Our family loves this dish, which is best enjoyed slowly, with lots of laughing, and time spent with the people you care about.

Feijoada.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 pound dried black beans
  • 1 pound smoked pork sausage (linguiça)
  • 1/2 pound smoked bacon, chopped
  • 1 pound pork shoulder, diced
  • 1 pound beef brisket, diced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Farofa (toasted cassava flour), for serving
  • White rice, for serving
  • Orange slices, for garnish
Procedure:

1. Rinse the black beans and soak them in water overnight. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until softened and fragrant.
  3. Add the chopped bacon to the pot and cook until it begins to render its fat.
  4. Add the diced pork shoulder and beef brisket to the pot, and brown the meat on all sides.
  5. Stir in the soaked black beans, smoked pork sausage, bay leaves, and enough water to cover the ingredients by about 2 inches.
  6. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 2 to 3 hours, or until the beans are tender and the meat is cooked through.
  7. Season the feijoada with salt and pepper to taste.
  8. Serve the feijoada hot with white rice, farofa, and orange slices on the side.
I sincerely hope you relish this filling and savory dish as much as I do. And remember to enjoy it carefully when surrounded by positive energy and loved ones. Bon Appetite! 🌧🌷🍲🍊

Oh, Feijoada! 🇧🇷 I've heard so much about this iconic Brazilian dish, and I'm thrilled to finally try making it at home! 🍲 Thanks a bunch for sharing this recipe – I can't wait to dive into a bowl of rich, flavorful goodness! 🌟🍴

Thank you for sharing not only a recipe but a piece of your family's history and tradition. It's clear that feijoada holds a special place in your heart, and now, through your words, it has found a special place in mine as well. Obrigado! 🍲🍊

Back