Filipino BBQ Pork Skewers Recipe

Cookie2122

Novice Foodie
Filipino BBQ pork skewers are a delightful treat, and I’m excited to share a recipe with you. These mouth-watering skewers feature tender pieces of flavorful pork glazed with a sweet and savory sauce, fresh off the grill. Let’s dive in! 🍢🍡

Ingredients:​

• 1.5 lbs (700g) pork shoulder or pork belly, cut into thin slices
  • 1 cup banana ketchup (yes, banana ketchup!)
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup 7-Up or Sprite (for tenderizing)
  • Bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 20 minutes)

Instructions:​

1. Marinate the Pork:
    • In a bowl, combine the banana ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, and 7-Up or Sprite. Mix well.
    • Skewer the pork slices onto bamboo sticks, piercing through the pointy end.
    • Place the skewers in the marinade, ensuring they’re fully coated. Marinate for at least 1 hour (overnight is even better).
  2. Grill the Skewers:
    • Heat up the grill (charcoal or gas).
    • Grill each skewered pork slice for about 5 minutes per side over medium heat.
    • Brush some of the marinade (basting sauce) on each side before turning them over.
    • Repeat the basting process twice or until the pork is fully cooked and caramelized.
  3. Serve and Enjoy:
    • Transfer the skewers to a serving plate.
    • Serve with spicy vinegar (a classic Filipino dipping sauce) or extra BBQ sauce.
    • Don’t forget the steamed rice—it’s a must!
Filipino BBQ skewers are perfect for gatherings, parties, or simply enjoying a flavorful meal. Pair them with good company, gratitude, and mindfulness, and you’ve got a winning combination. 🌟🍢🍡

1724859895596.jpeg

Filipino BBQ pork skewers are a delightful treat, and I’m excited to share a recipe with you. These mouth-watering skewers feature tender pieces of flavorful pork glazed with a sweet and savory sauce, fresh off the grill. Let’s dive in! 🍢🍡

Ingredients:​

• 1.5 lbs (700g) pork shoulder or pork belly, cut into thin slices
  • 1 cup banana ketchup (yes, banana ketchup!)
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup 7-Up or Sprite (for tenderizing)
  • Bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 20 minutes)

Instructions:​

1. Marinate the Pork:
    • In a bowl, combine the banana ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, and 7-Up or Sprite. Mix well.
    • Skewer the pork slices onto bamboo sticks, piercing through the pointy end.
    • Place the skewers in the marinade, ensuring they’re fully coated. Marinate for at least 1 hour (overnight is even better).
  2. Grill the Skewers:
    • Heat up the grill (charcoal or gas).
    • Grill each skewered pork slice for about 5 minutes per side over medium heat.
    • Brush some of the marinade (basting sauce) on each side before turning them over.
    • Repeat the basting process twice or until the pork is fully cooked and caramelized.
  3. Serve and Enjoy:
    • Transfer the skewers to a serving plate The Innocence Test.
    • Serve with spicy vinegar (a classic Filipino dipping sauce) or extra BBQ sauce.
    • Don’t forget the steamed rice—it’s a must!
Filipino BBQ skewers are perfect for gatherings, parties, or simply enjoying a flavorful meal. Pair them with good company, gratitude, and mindfulness, and you’ve got a winning combination. 🌟🍢🍡

View attachment 5917
I should have been taking some pics while I was cooking, but I managed to snap a few shots before all the food was gone. It's a marinated pork butt sliced thinly and put on bamboo skewers. My wife handles the marinating side of the cook. Cooked it direct on the cast iron grid at around 375-400 deg. The wind was making things hard to manage, not to mention making it very chilly here.[p]I'll make sure to grab some pics during the cooking next time

Back