Filipino Pinakbet (Sautéed Vegetables With Shrimp Paste)

ziggythecat

Novice Foodie
Hey everyone, I'd love to share a dish that I recently stumbled upon while scrolling through TikTok, and I thought it'd be perfect to share it with you all here!

So, I tried making this delicious sautéed vegetable dish with shrimp paste last night, and it was a hit! Here's how I did it:
Ingredients (for 2 servings):

• 2 cups mixed vegetables (such as bell peppers, green beans, carrots, and cabbage), chopped
  • 1 tablespoon cooking oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons shrimp paste (bagoong)
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions:

• Start by heating the cooking oil in a pan over medium heat.
  • Add the minced garlic and sliced onion, and sauté until fragrant and golden brown.
  • Toss in the mixed vegetables and continue cooking until they are tender-crisp.
  • Stir in the shrimp paste, ensuring it coats the vegetables evenly. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
  • Season with salt and pepper to taste, and give it a final stir.
  • Serve your sautéed vegetables with shrimp paste hot, alongside steamed rice or your favorite main dish.
Enjoy this flavorful and nutritious dish straight from your own kitchen! 🥦🍤 Pinakbet is best paired with steamed rice. Additionally, it can be served alongside grilled or fried fish, providing a well-balanced and satisfying meal. Hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as I did!

1.jpg

This dish reminded me of my grandma who now passed away.. she cooked this everytime we visit her.. I think its now my time to try cooking it by myself.. Thank you for sharing this recipe!

I still remember the Pinakbet s version of my Filipino collegue used to make! It's almost the same I think, the combination of vegetables and shrimp paste creates such a unique and flavorful dish. Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to try making it myself

Back