Flavorful Chicken and Veggie Buddha Bowl

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodie friends!

I'm excited to share one of my favorite go-to lunch recipes with you all: a colorful and nutritious Chicken and Veggie Buddha Bowl. It's packed with protein, fiber, and loads of flavor, making it the perfect option for a satisfying and healthy lunch. Here's how to make it:

Ingredients:

• 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup cooked quinoa or brown rice
  • 1 cup mixed salad greens
  • 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 cucumber, sliced
  • 1/2 avocado, sliced
  • 1/4 cup shredded carrots
  • 1/4 cup sliced red onion
  • 2 tablespoons hummus (store-bought or homemade)
  • Fresh lemon wedges, for serving
Instructions:

1. Start by marinating the chicken breast. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Rub the marinade all over the chicken breast, ensuring it's evenly coated. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
  2. Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the marinated chicken breast for 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Remove from heat and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it into strips.
  3. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients for the Buddha bowl.
  4. Divide the cooked quinoa or brown rice evenly among serving bowls.
  5. Arrange the mixed salad greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, avocado slices, shredded carrots, and sliced red onion on top of the quinoa or rice.
  6. Add the sliced grilled chicken on top of the veggies.
  7. Dollop a spoonful of hummus on the side of each bowl.
  8. Serve the Buddha bowls with fresh lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over the top, adding a refreshing citrusy kick.
  9. Mix everything together and enjoy this wholesome and flavorful Chicken and Veggie Buddha Bowl for a nourishing lunch that will keep you fueled and satisfied throughout the day!
Feel free to customize your Buddha bowl with your favorite veggies, grains, or protein sources. The possibilities are endless! Let me know if you give this recipe a try or if you have any questions. Happy lunching! 🥗🍗🥑

Attachments

• Chicken-Buddha-Bowl-with-Avocado.jpg
    Chicken-Buddha-Bowl-with-Avocado.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 85
Oh wow! Flavorful Chicken and Veggie Buddha Bowl was a deliciously balanced meal, with tender chicken, vibrant veggies, and a variety of textures and flavors that left me feeling nourished and satisfied.

OMG, that sounds like a delicious and nutritious meal! 🥗🍗 I'm excited to try this flavorful chicken and veggie Buddha bowl. It's the perfect blend of wholesome ingredients for a satisfying and healthy dish. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 🌟🍽️

Back