Flavorful Kangkong Stir Fry Recipe

hoyeon

Culinary Explorer
Hi everyone,
I'm excited to share one of my go-to dinner recipes featuring kangkong, also known as water spinach or morning glory. It's a simple yet delicious dish that's packed with flavor and nutrients. Here's how I make it:
Ingredients:
  • 1 bunch of kangkong (water spinach), washed and trimmed
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil (vegetable or sesame oil works well)
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 small onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 red chili, sliced (optional, adjust according to your spice preference)
  • 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  1. Start by preparing the kangkong. Wash the leaves thoroughly and trim off any tough stems. Cut the kangkong into manageable lengths, about 2-3 inches long.
  2. Heat the cooking oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and sliced onion, and sauté until fragrant and the onion turns translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
  3. If using, add the sliced red chili to the wok and stir-fry for an additional 30 seconds to release its flavor.
  4. Add the kangkong to the wok, stirring continuously to coat the leaves with the garlic and onion mixture.
  5. In a small bowl, mix together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce (if using), and sugar. Pour this sauce mixture over the kangkong in the wok, stirring well to combine.
  6. Continue to stir-fry the kangkong until it wilts slightly but remains vibrant green, about 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to overcook it; you want the kangkong to retain some crispness.
  7. Taste the stir-fry and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
  8. Once the kangkong is cooked to your liking and the flavors have melded together, remove the wok from the heat.
  9. Transfer the kangkong stir-fry to a serving dish and serve hot as a delicious and nutritious side dish or as a main course with steamed rice.
    Flavorful Kangkong Stir Fry Recipe!.jpg
I hope you give this kangkong stir-fry recipe a try! It's quick, easy, and perfect for a weeknight dinner. Let me know if you have any questions or if you've tried any tasty variations. Enjoy! 🌿🍴

This kangkong stir-fry recipe is a flavor explosion! 🌿😋 Tried it and it was a hit with the whole family. The combination of garlic, chili, and oyster sauce really brings out the best in the kangkong. Plus, it's super quick and easy to make. Thanks for sharing this delicious dish! It's definitely going into our regular rotation. Can't wait to make it again! 🙌🔥

What a charming perspective on Kangkong! This recipe for stir-fry promises a flavorful explosion with a combination of garlic, onion, and chile. The meal is elevated by the savory-sweet sauce, and the crisp texture of the kangkong adds to its pleasing flavor. Efficient, full of flavor, and packed with nutrition – a must-try for any weekday meal! 🌶🍃

Yum! 😋 Thanks for sharing the Flavorful Kangkong Stir Fry Recipe! Can't wait to whip this up for dinner! 🥬🍴

Hi everyone,
I'm excited to share one of my go-to dinner recipes featuring kangkong, also known as water spinach or morning glory. It's a simple yet delicious dish that's packed with flavor and nutrients. Here's how I make it:
Ingredients:
  • 1 bunch of kangkong (water spinach), washed and trimmed
  • 2 tablespoons cooking oil (vegetable or sesame oil works well)
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 small onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 red chili, sliced (optional, adjust according to your spice preference)
  • 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  1. Start by preparing the kangkong. Wash the leaves thoroughly and trim off any tough stems. Cut the kangkong into manageable lengths, about 2-3 inches long.
  2. Heat the cooking oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and sliced onion, and sauté until fragrant and the onion turns translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
  3. If using, add the sliced red chili to the wok and stir-fry for an additional 30 seconds to release its flavor.
  4. Add the kangkong to the wok, stirring continuously to coat the leaves with the garlic and onion mixture.
  5. In a small bowl, mix together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce (if using), and sugar. Pour this sauce mixture over the kangkong in the wok, stirring well to combine.
  6. Continue to stir-fry the kangkong until it wilts slightly but remains vibrant green, about 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to overcook it; you want the kangkong to retain some crispness.
  7. Taste the stir-fry and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
  8. Once the kangkong is cooked to your liking and the flavors have melded together, remove the wok from the heat.
  9. Transfer the kangkong stir-fry to a serving dish and serve hot as a delicious and nutritious side dish or as a main course with steamed rice.View attachment 2952
I hope you give this kangkong stir-fry recipe a try! It's quick, easy, and perfect for a weeknight dinner. Let me know if you have any questions or if you've tried any tasty variations. Enjoy! 🌿🍴
Kangkong stir-fry is a staple in my household! I love how flavorful and nutritious it is. Can't wait to give your recipe a try and see how it compares to my usual go-to. Thanks for sharing!

A Kangkong Stir Fry? Count me in for a flavorful veggie adventure! 🌿🍳 Can't wait to wok it up and savor every bite! 🥢🔥

Back