Fluffy Pancakes with Homemade Blueberry Syrup

Joseez

Culinary Explorer
Good morning, sunshine! Waffles are great and all, but sometimes you just gotta have a stack of fluffy, golden pancakes drizzled with warm syrup to jumpstart your day. The problem? Boxed pancake mix always leaves me feeling a little...meh. That's why I decided to create this recipe for Fluffy Pancakes with Homemade Blueberry Syrup. These pancakes are light as air, bursting with vanilla flavor, and the homemade blueberry syrup takes things to a whole new level of deliciousness. Trust me, this breakfast spread is a winner!

Fluffy Pancakes with Homemade Blueberry Syrup.jpeg

Ingredients:

For the Pancakes:

• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Homemade Blueberry Syrup:

• 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Instructions:

For the Pancakes:

1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
  2. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
  3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix just until combined, being careful not to overmix (a few lumps are okay!).
  4. Heat a lightly greased griddle or skillet over medium heat.
  5. Pour batter onto the griddle for each pancake, leaving a little space between them.
  6. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until cooked through.
For the Homemade Blueberry Syrup:

1. In a saucepan, combine blueberries, water, and sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the blueberries burst and the mixture thickens slightly.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and lemon juice. Slowly whisk the cornstarch mixture into the simmering blueberry mixture until incorporated and the sauce thickens slightly more.
  3. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before serving.
These pancakes are the perfect way to start your day. It's light and fluffy, bursting with vanilla flavor, and to top it all, the homemade blueberry syrup puts store-bought syrup to shame. So ditch the boxed mix and whip up a batch of these Fluffy Pancakes with Homemade Blueberry Syrup. You'll be amazed at the difference!

Wow, these Fluffy Pancakes with Homemade Blueberry Syrup look absolutely mouthwatering! 😍🥞 I can practically smell the sweet aroma of pancakes cooking on the griddle and the burst of blueberry goodness from that homemade syrup. It's making me hungry just reading the recipe! I love that it's all made from scratch too. Can't wait to try this out for breakfast tomorrow morning. Thanks for sharing such a delightful recipe! 🙌👏

Back