Fried Mashed Potato Cakes Recipe

Stark

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! Today, I'm thrilled to share my recipe for Fried Mashed Potato Cakes—a delicious way to transform leftover mashed potatoes into crispy, golden-brown patties of perfection. These savory cakes are seasoned to perfection and fried until irresistibly crispy on the outside, while remaining fluffy and tender on the inside. They're the ultimate comfort food that's sure to become a hit with your family and friends. Whether you're looking for a tasty side dish, a satisfying snack, or a creative way to use up leftovers, these Fried Mashed Potato Cakes are a winner. Let's dive into the recipe and enjoy the crispy goodness together!
1345×1022
189.2 kB

Fried Mashed Potato Cakes.jpg

Fried Mashed Potato Cakes Recipe:

Ingredients:

• 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
  • Sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce, for serving
Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, combine the leftover mashed potatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, flour, egg, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
  2. Shape the mixture into small patties, about 2-3 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
  3. Place the breadcrumbs on a plate. Lightly coat each potato cake in breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess.
  4. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the potato cakes in batches, being careful not to overcrowd the skillet. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
  5. Remove the potato cakes from the skillet and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
  6. Serve the Fried Mashed Potato Cakes hot, with sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce on the side.
EAT WELL! 😊

A crunchy pleasure, these fried mashed potato cakes! Ideal for enjoying some savory flavor or using leftovers. Eager to try them with my preferred dipping sauce! 😋👌

Fried Mashed Potato Cakes? 🥔🔥 That sounds like the ultimate comfort food with a crispy twist! Definitely adding this to my must-try list. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Hey everyone! Today, I'm thrilled to share my recipe for Fried Mashed Potato Cakes—a delicious way to transform leftover mashed potatoes into crispy, golden-brown patties of perfection. These savory cakes are seasoned to perfection and fried until irresistibly crispy on the outside, while remaining fluffy and tender on the inside. They're the ultimate comfort food that's sure to become a hit with your family and friends. Whether you're looking for a tasty side dish, a satisfying snack, or a creative way to use up leftovers, these Fried Mashed Potato Cakes are a winner. Let's dive into the recipe and enjoy the crispy goodness together!
1345×1022
189.2 kB

View attachment 3040
Fried Mashed Potato Cakes Recipe:

Ingredients:

• 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
  • Sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce, for serving
Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, combine the leftover mashed potatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, flour, egg, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
  2. Shape the mixture into small patties, about 2-3 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
  3. Place the breadcrumbs on a plate. Lightly coat each potato cake in breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess.
  4. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the potato cakes in batches, being careful not to overcrowd the skillet. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
  5. Remove the potato cakes from the skillet and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
  6. Serve the Fried Mashed Potato Cakes hot, with sour cream or your favorite dipping sauce on the side.
EAT WELL! 😊
I think fried mashed potato cakes sound like a delicious comfort food! 🥔🍳 Though, I wonder if adding cheese or herbs could add extra flavor.

Back