Turn Leftover Mash into Magic: Mashed Potato Cakes!

avodahking

Novice Foodie
Hey, foodie buddies! 😊 I simply needed to share this exceptional recipe for Mashed Potato Cakes that I attempted last weekend. They have been an absolute game-changer for using up leftover mashed potatoes, and I could not wait to pass along the deliciousness to all of you!

Here's what you'll need:

Ingredients:
Mashed Potato Cakes.jpg

• 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
Instructions:

1. In a big blending bowl, integrate the leftover mashed potatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, all-cause flour, beaten egg, salt, and pepper.
  2. Mix the entirety together until nicely blended.
  3. Heat the vegetable oil in a huge skillet over medium-high warmth.
  4. Scoop out about 1/four cup of the potato aggregate and form it right into a patty the usage of your arms. Repeat with the last potato combination.
  5. Carefully location the potato patties into the hot oil and flatten them barely with a spatula. Cook for 3-4 mins on each facet, or till they may be golden brown and crispy.
  6. Once cooked, switch the potato desserts to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any extra oil.
  7. Serve the mashed potato desserts warm, both as a facet dish or as a delectable snack. They're delicious on their very own or topped with bitter cream or your favored dipping sauce.
And there you have got it! A batch of mouthwatering Mashed Potato Cakes which can be best for using up those leftovers and fulfilling your cravings for something crispy and comforting. Give them a tryβ€”I promise you won't be disappointed! Enjoy, and happy cooking! πŸ₯”πŸ΄πŸ΄

Just whipped up a batch of these Mashed Potato Cakes, and they turned out amazing! πŸ™Œ Love how versatile they are – perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!

Back