Funeral Potatoes Recipe

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I wanted to share a comforting and delicious dish that's perfect for gatherings or potlucks – Funeral Potatoes! It's a beloved classic with a cheesy, creamy goodness that everyone loves. Here’s how you make it:

Ingredients:

• 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
  • 1 can (10.5 oz) cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 cups cornflakes, crushed
  • 1/4 cup melted butter for topping
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the thawed hash browns, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, melted butter, chopped onion, and shredded cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
  4. In another bowl, combine the crushed cornflakes with 1/4 cup melted butter. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the top of the potato mixture in the baking dish.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through and the top is golden brown and crispy.
  6. Let it cool slightly before serving. Enjoy these creamy, cheesy Funeral Potatoes as a side dish or a comforting main course!
    Funeral Potatoes Recipe.jpg
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as my family does. It’s a real crowd-pleaser! Feel free to customize it with your favorite toppings or add-ins. Can't wait to hear your thoughts and any variations you try!

These funeral potatoes sound amazing! 🥔✨ I love a good cheesy, comforting dish, and this recipe looks like it hits all the right notes. The crispy topping is calling my name! Can't wait to try this one – I bet it's going to be a hit with the whole family. 😋 Thanks for sharing!

Back