Ga Nuong Vietnamese Grilled Chicken ˗ˏˋ 𓅰 ˎˊ˗

beni

Tasty Apprentice
As the sun dips below the horizon and blesses my kitchen with its warm glow, I'm hit with a wave of nostalgia 🌇. I can practically smell the sizzling meats and hear the hustle and bustle of Vietnam's lively streets 🍗 let me tell you, Ga Nuong, that Vietnamese grilled chicken, has a special place in my heart ❤️. So, buckle up, folks, because today we're taking a trip down memory lane and whipping up this beloved recipe, and you're all invited to the taste party! 🎉

Ingredients
grilled chicken.jpg
  • 2 Green or Red Chili finely chopped
  • 1 inch Ginger finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
  • 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
  • 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
  • 1/3 cup Oyster Sauce
  • 1 tbsp Chinese Rice Wine
  • 1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder
  • 1 tbsp Lemongrass finely chopped
  • 1 kg Skin on Chicken Thighs
  • 1 tbsp Butter
  • 2 tbsp Honey
Instructions
  1. In a medium bowl, mix together the chili, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, Chinese rice wine, Chinese Five Spice, and lemongrass.
  2. Coat the chicken pieces in the marinade then store in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
  3. Preheat oven to 400 F.
  4. Arrange the marinated chicken thighs on a roasting pan then bake in the middle rack of the oven for 15-25 minutes.
  5. After 25 minutes, take out the chicken and pour any juices into a small saucepan. Flip the chicken then return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
  6. Add the butter to the saucepan with the honey. Reduce for a few minutes until it has been reduced by a third and is a thicker sauce.
  7. Take the chicken back out and pour the honey sauce evenly over the chicken, then cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until the juices run clear when pierced at the thickest point.
  8. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
  9. Serve hot with steamed rice.
As I sink my teeth into my homemade Ga Nuong 🍗, memories flood back! It's like being back in the lively streets and markets 🏞️. Each bite is a journey through delicious flavors and heartwarming memories. Sharing this recipe with you, hoping it brings you joy!

Ga Nuong, Vietnamese Grilled Chicken, is a flavorful delight with its aromatic herbs and spices, perfectly complemented by the smoky char from the grill! 🍗🔥 It's a mouthwatering dish that captures the essence of Vietnamese cuisine.

Oh, Vietnamese Grilled Chicken! 🍗 That sounds delicious! I bet the aroma while it's cooking is incredible. How did it turn out when you made it at home? Any tips or tricks to share for getting that perfect flavor and texture?

Ga Nuong, Vietnamese Grilled Chicken, is a flavorful delight with its aromatic herbs and spices, perfectly complemented by the smoky char from the grill! 🍗🔥 It's a mouthwatering dish that captures the essence of Vietnamese cuisine.
Oh, absolutely! Vietnamese Grilled Chicken is like a flavor explosion in your mouth! The mix of herbs, spices, and that smoky char is just unbeatable. It's a true delight that always hits the spot! 🍗🔥

Oh, Vietnamese Grilled Chicken! 🍗 That sounds delicious! I bet the aroma while it's cooking is incredible. How did it turn out when you made it at home? Any tips or tricks to share for getting that perfect flavor and texture?
Marinate it for ages and get that juicy char just right. Don't forget to baste it for maximum tastiness. Say goodbye to takeout, my friend! 🍗🔥

Back