Gluten-Free Bread Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone,

I've been experimenting with gluten-free baking recently, and I wanted to share this amazing gluten-free bread recipe I came across. It's been a game-changer for me, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. Let me know if you try it out!

Ingredients:​

• 2 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (make sure it has xanthan gum, or add 1 tsp separately)
  • 1 cup warm water (around 110°F)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup for a vegan option)
  • 2 large eggs (or flax eggs for vegan: 2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 6 tbsp water)
  • 1 packet (2 1/4 tsp) active dry yeast
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar

Instructions:​

1. Activate the Yeast: In a small bowl, combine the warm water, honey, and yeast. Stir gently and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes until it's frothy and bubbly.
  2. Mix the Wet Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and then add the olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Mix well.
  3. Combine Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour and salt. If your flour blend doesn't contain xanthan gum, add it now.
  4. Form the Dough: Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing on low speed (if using a stand mixer) or with a spoon. Once combined, add the yeast mixture. Mix until everything is well incorporated and the dough is smooth.
  5. First Rise: Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let the dough rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
  6. Prepare for Baking: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with some olive oil or line it with parchment paper.
  7. Second Rise: After the dough has risen, transfer it to the prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top with a spatula if needed. Let it rise for another 20-30 minutes.
  8. Bake: Place the loaf in the preheated oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  9. Cool: Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
    Gluten-Free Bread Recipe.jpg
Would love to hear how it turns out for you or any tweaks you make! Happy baking! 😊

🍞🌾 Healthy & Delicious
Creating gluten-free bread is a fantastic way to enjoy tasty loaves without gluten, perfect for a healthier diet or gluten sensitivity.

This gluten-free bread recipe looks amazing! 😍 Can't wait to try making it at home. I've been searching for a good gluten-free bread that's not too crumbly or dry. This one seems straightforward enough—I think I'll give it a shot this weekend. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Hey everyone,

I've been experimenting with gluten-free baking recently, and I wanted to share this amazing gluten-free bread recipe I came across. It's been a game-changer for me, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. Let me know if you try it out!

Ingredients:​

• 2 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (make sure it has xanthan gum, or add 1 tsp separately)
  • 1 cup warm water (around 110°F)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup for a vegan option)
  • 2 large eggs (or flax eggs for vegan: 2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 6 tbsp water)
  • 1 packet (2 1/4 tsp) active dry yeast
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar

Instructions:​

1. Activate the Yeast: In a small bowl, combine the warm water, honey, and yeast. Stir gently and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes until it's frothy and bubbly.
  2. Mix the Wet Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and then add the olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Mix well.
  3. Combine Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour and salt. If your flour blend doesn't contain xanthan gum, add it now.
  4. Form the Dough: Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing on low speed (if using a stand mixer) or with a spoon. Once combined, add the yeast mixture. Mix until everything is well incorporated and the dough is smooth.
  5. First Rise: Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let the dough rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
  6. Prepare for Baking: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with some olive oil or line it with parchment paper.
  7. Second Rise: After the dough has risen, transfer it to the prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top with a spatula if needed. Let it rise for another 20-30 minutes.
  8. Bake: Place the loaf in the preheated oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  9. Cool: Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.View attachment 4398
Would love to hear how it turns out for you or any tweaks you make! Happy baking! 😊
Hey, your gluten-free bread recipe sounds bomb! Gonna try it out this weekend. Thanks for sharing the deets, much appreciated!

Back