Gochujang Chicken Burgers With Kimchi Bacon Jam

EternalVoyager

Culinary Explorer

Hi there! In all honesty, my inspiration for loving this flavor combination stemmed from my unwavering love for those teriyaki chicken burgers. I just couldn't get enough of them. So, I'm happy to find an interesting flavor profile online and I'm sharing this with you. Hope you like it!

INGREDIENTS
gojuchang burger.jpg

Gochujang Chicken Burgers:
  • 1 lb. ground chicken
  • 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 2 tablespoons gochujang sauce (I use this one)
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
  • avocado oil or olive oil for frying
Kimchi Bacon Jam:
  • 6 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
  • 1 1/2 cups kimchi, cut into small shreddy pieces (my personal preference for texture!)
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Burger Extras:
  • Buns
  • Cheese (optional – I use gouda cheese)
  • Cilantro or greens
  • Mayo
  • Cucumber slices

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. Kimchi Bacon Jam: In a large skillet over medium heat, add the bacon pieces. Fry until golden and crispy and fat has rendered. Drain off some of the oil (optional) and add the kimchi and brown sugar to the pan. Sauté for 3-5 minutes until caramelized and bubbly.
  2. Chicken Burgers: Mix the chicken, panko, gochujang, garlic powder, and salt until well-combined. Form into 4-5 burger patties.
  3. Make the Burgers: Transfer burgers to a large skillet. Add a swish of avocado oil and pan-fry until golden on the exterior and 160 degrees on the interior.
  4. Assemble the Burgers: Toast your buns on the skillet; serve burgers on toasted buns with a layer of kimchi bacon jam, greens of choice, and mayo. So, s0 good.

that's a flavor explosion waiting to happen! I can just imagine the juicy chicken patties infused with spicy gochujang, topped with a tangy and savory kimchi bacon jam 🍔🌶️🥓🥬

Whoa, gochujang chicken burgers with kimchi bacon jam? 🍔🌶️🥓 Now that's what I call next-level burger game! Can't wait to fire up the grill and give these babies a try—sounds like a flavor explosion waiting to happen! Thanks for sharing this mouthwatering recipe! 🤤🔥

Back