Golden Corral Copycat Meat Loaf

KarinaK

Novice Foodie
I make an excellent meatloaf, but have always really liked the ones served at the Golden Corral, minus the ketchup on top. I prefer beef gravy. I was excited to find your recipe and try it out. As I went through the ingredients list, it seemed excessive compared to my own favorite, but I bought fresh spices and made a beautiful loaf today. As it cooked there was an unfamiliar scent in the air that was very prevalent when removed from the oven for its 15 minute rest. With 2 eggs, and bread crumbs I expected it to bind better, it wasn’t all crumbly, but it wasn’t equal nice slices either. Then that first taste you’ve dreamed about……fail. It’s not bad tasting, but that itty bitty 1/4 teaspoon of cloves had no business there and ruined it for me. No it isn’t a copycat at all. There are 2 other copycat recipes from others that I will test in a couple weeks.

Can't wait to try making this at home! I've always loved their meatloaf, and being able to recreate it in my kitchen sounds like a dream come true. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 😋🍽️

Can't wait to try making this at home! I've always loved their meatloaf, and being able to recreate it in my kitchen sounds like a dream come true. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 😋🍽️
Golden Corral Copycat Meat Loaf? Can't wait to try it! 🍽️🥩 I think mixing in some breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese helps bind it together and adds richness, though.

I make an excellent meatloaf, but have always really liked the ones served at the Golden Corral, minus the ketchup on top. I prefer beef gravy. I was excited to find your recipe and try it out. As I went through the ingredients list, it seemed excessive compared to my own favorite, but I bought fresh spices and made a beautiful loaf today. As it cooked there was an unfamiliar scent in the air that was very prevalent when removed from the oven for its 15 minute rest. With 2 eggs, and bread crumbs I expected it to bind better, it wasn’t all crumbly, but it wasn’t equal nice slices either. Then that first taste you’ve dreamed about……fail. It’s not bad tasting, but that itty bitty 1/4 teaspoon of cloves had no business there and ruined it for me. No it isn’t a copycat at all. There are 2 other copycat recipes from others that I will test in a couple weeks.
Yo, I've tried that meatloaf, and let me tell you, it was a rollercoaster. The smell had me pumped, but that hint of cloves? Total letdown. Gonna give it another shot though, see if I can nail it next time... 🤞🍴

Back