Grandma's Beef Stroganoff

Marysweeet413

Novice Foodie
Growing up, one of my fondest memories is sitting in my grandma's cozy kitchen, enveloped in the comforting aroma of her homemade Beef Stroganoff. Today, I'm thrilled to share with you our cherished family recipe that never fails to bring warmth and joy to our table.

Ingredients:

• 1 lb (450g) beef sirloin, thinly sliced
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 8 oz (225g) mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
  • Egg noodles or rice (for serving)
afadfafdfff.jpg
Instructions:

1. Begin by seasoning your thinly sliced beef sirloin with salt and pepper. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the beef slices in batches and sear them until they are browned on both sides. Transfer the browned beef to a plate and set it aside.
  2. In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of olive oil and the butter. Sauté the chopped onion until it turns translucent and soft, then add in the minced garlic and sliced mushrooms. Cook everything together until the mushrooms are tender and have released their juices.
  3. Sprinkle the flour over the mushroom mixture and stir well to combine. This will help thicken the sauce later on. Gradually pour in the beef broth while stirring continuously to prevent lumps from forming. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and let it cook until the sauce thickens slightly.
  4. Once the sauce has thickened, stir in the Dijon mustard, then reduce the heat to low. Add the seared beef slices back into the skillet, along with any juices that may have accumulated on the plate. Allow the beef to simmer in the sauce for a few more minutes to absorb the flavors.
  5. Turn off the heat and gently fold in the sour cream until it's well incorporated into the sauce. Be sure not to let the sauce boil after adding the sour cream to prevent it from curdling.
  6. Your Grandma's Beef Stroganoff is now ready to serve! Spoon generous portions over cooked egg noodles or fluffy rice, and garnish with freshly chopped parsley for a pop of color and freshness.
Enjoy this classic dish that's been passed down through generations in our family. The tender beef, creamy sauce, and earthy mushrooms come together in a harmonious blend of flavors that will surely warm your soul and create lasting memories around your own kitchen table. Cheers to good food and cherished traditions!

This recipe truly sounds like a labor of love passed down through generations. I can't wait to try it out and savor every bite. Thank you for sharing such a special dish! ❤️

Wow, sounds like a real gem! :love: Family recipes like this one carries more than just flavors; they hold memories and love. Thanks for sharing this cherished part of your family tradition!🤗

Oh, that's a classic comfort food favorite! Just the thought of tender beef cooked in a rich and creamy sauce, it's like a taste of home. There's something truly special about family recipes passed down through generations.🍲🥩👵🏼

Wow, thank you for sharing your Grandma's Beef Stroganoff recipe! It sounds absolutely delicious and reminds me of cozy family dinners. I can't wait to try it out in my kitchen. The combination of tender beef, savory sauce, and creamy sour cream sounds like a winning combination. I'll definitely let you know how it turns out when I make it. Thanks again for passing down such a cherished recipe!

Growing up, one of my fondest memories is sitting in my grandma's cozy kitchen, enveloped in the comforting aroma of her homemade Beef Stroganoff. Today, I'm thrilled to share with you our cherished family recipe that never fails to bring warmth and joy to our table.

Ingredients:

• 1 lb (450g) beef sirloin, thinly sliced
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 8 oz (225g) mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
  • Egg noodles or rice (for serving)
225×225
46.5 kB

View attachment 908Instructions:

1. Begin by seasoning your thinly sliced beef sirloin with salt and pepper. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the beef slices in batches and sear them until they are browned on both sides. Transfer the browned beef to a plate and set it aside.
  2. In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of olive oil and the butter. Sauté the chopped onion until it turns translucent and soft, then add in the minced garlic and sliced mushrooms. Cook everything together until the mushrooms are tender and have released their juices.
  3. Sprinkle the flour over the mushroom mixture and stir well to combine. This will help thicken the sauce later on. Gradually pour in the beef broth while stirring continuously to prevent lumps from forming. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and let it cook until the sauce thickens slightly.
  4. Once the sauce has thickened, stir in the Dijon mustard, then reduce the heat to low. Add the seared beef slices back into the skillet, along with any juices that may have accumulated on the plate. Allow the beef to simmer in the sauce for a few more minutes to absorb the flavors.
  5. Turn off the heat and gently fold in the sour cream until it's well incorporated into the sauce. Be sure not to let the sauce boil after adding the sour cream to prevent it from curdling.
  6. Your Grandma's Beef Stroganoff is now ready to serve! Spoon generous portions over cooked egg noodles or fluffy rice, and garnish with freshly chopped parsley for a pop of color and freshness.
Enjoy this classic dish that's been passed down through generations in our family. The tender beef, creamy sauce, and earthy mushrooms come together in a harmonious blend of flavors that will surely warm your soul and create lasting memories around your own kitchen table. Cheers to good food and cherished traditions!
I want to give this classic recipe a try. This looks good and is worth trying with family and friends. Thanks for sharing this lovely Beef Stroganoff.

Back