Granny's Decadent Yam Mousse Cake

eihra520

Culinary Explorer
Hey buddies! I've got a dessert for you :love: This yam mousse cake is pure, velvety decadence. It comes from my sweet Granny's recipe collection, and let me tell you - it's an absolute showstopper ..Granny was a genius for creating this dreamy treat so get ready to fall in love 👵🥰

purple_yam_mousse_cake.jpg

Ingredients:

For the Cake:

• 1 cup mashed yams (about 2 medium yams)
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Mousse:
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Instructions:
  1. Make the cake first! Preheat oven to 350°F and grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
  2. In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
  3. In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla and mashed yams.
  4. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the yam mixture until just combined.
  5. Divide batter evenly into prepared pans and bake for 25-30 mins until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool completely.
  6. For the mousse, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until fully incorporated.
  7. In another bowl, whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until combined.
  8. Place one cake layer on a plate and spread with 1/3 of the mousse. Top with the second layer and use the remaining mousse to frost the top and sides of the cake.
  9. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or overnight) before slicing to allow mousse to set.
This yam mousse situation is downright heavenly, you guys! Every bite just melts in your mouth 🍰😋

Granny's Decadent Yam Mousse Cake seems like a delicious treat! With silky yam mousse sandwiched between layers of delicious cake, it's a wonderful monument to Granny's cooking skills. Expect to be charmed with each melt-in-your-mouth mouthful! 🍠🍰

OMG, just stumbled upon Granny's Decadent Yam Mousse Cake recipe and I'm drooling already! 🤤 Can't wait to whip this up for the fam this weekend. Thanks for sharing, gonna be a sweet sensation!

Back