Grasshopper Pie Recipe πŸ₯§

Do you like something minty but sweet? I wanted to share some of my favorite desserts that I recently made. This Grasshopper Pie has a delicious mix of chocolate and mint flavors with a layered crunchy Oreo cookie crust. This recipe is perfect for celebrations, and I promise you will also love this. ;)

GRASSHOPPER PIE.jpg

Ingredients:

For the Crust:
  • 30 mint Oreo sandwich cookies (about 339 grams)​
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (about 57 grams), melted​
  • 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt​
For the Filling:
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream (about 341 grams)​
  • 16 ounces cream cheese (about 454 grams), softened​
  • 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar (about 151 grams)​
  • 1/4 cup CrΓ¨me de Menthe liqueur (about 57 grams), preferably green​
  • 3 tablespoons CrΓ¨me de Cacao liqueur (about 43 grams)​
  • 1-2 drops of green food coloring​

For the Topping:
  • 1 cup heavy cream (about 227 grams)​
  • 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (about 21 grams)​
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (about 4 grams)​
  • 2 tablespoons chopped mint Oreo sandwich cookies (about 17 grams, from about 2 cookies)​
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350Β°F (175Β°C).
  2. In a food processor, pulse the mint Oreo cookies until they turn into fine crumbs. Transfer the crumbs to a bowl and mix in the melted butter and salt.
  3. Press the crust mixture firmly onto the bottom and sides of a 9- or 10-inch pie dish to form an even layer.
  4. Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then let it cool completely on a wire rack.
  5. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks using a stand mixer. Chill the whipped cream in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
  6. In the same mixer bowl (no need to clean it), beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
  7. Add the powdered sugar to the cream cheese and mix until smooth and creamy.
  8. Mix in the Crème de Menthe, Crème de Cacao, and green food coloring until well combined.
  9. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until fully incorporated.
  10. Spoon the filling into the cooled crust and smooth it into an even layer.
  11. Cover the pie and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours, or until set.
  12. Before serving, whip the remaining heavy cream with powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
  13. Spread or pipe the whipped cream onto the pie, then sprinkle with chopped mint Oreo cookies.
  14. Serve and enjoy your delicious Grasshopper Pie!

Oh, I like chocolate mint foods, This sound absolutely delightful! Thank you for sharing your favorite dessert recipe, I can't wait to try making it myself! πŸ˜‹πŸ«
Choco mint is a really tricky flavor.. It may taste good to other dishes and to some not. But I think, with your recipe, it will be perfect!
Thanks guys, I'm glad that you liked my recipe I made... πŸ₯°

Wow, your Grasshopper Pie recipe looks amazing! I can practically taste the refreshing mint and rich chocolate just by reading the ingredients. Can't wait to try making this for our next family gathering:love:
So glad you're excited about the Grasshopper Pie recipe! It's definitely a crowd-pleaser with that refreshing mint and rich chocolate combo. Can't wait for you to give it a try at your family gathering - they're in for a treat! πŸ˜‹ Let me know how it turns out!

Back